Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 AM

59 posts, read 253,201 times

Advertisements

Just in Lower North Philly alone there is the RAM Squad aka Richard Allen Mob (yeah, they're still around...), TNT aka Tenth And Thompson and various others and thats just east of Broad Street.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM

4 posts, read 58,480 times
Talking Gangs

yo im an ex nsc member north side crip gang in philly its been around for about 20 years it mainly opperated out of neiborhoods such as frankford,olny,north philly such as 7th and pike ,south phily,and logan but logan was all blood neiborhood.it really started taking off when i joined the crew things wre getting wild ,i joined nsc when i was 14 y old,now im 27 and completely free of the gang ,even though i sometimes bump into other ex nsc and imc members ,inhood mafia crips imc ,when i was bangin these wre the two biggest crip gangs in philly both were mixed gangs mostly hispanic,some black and some white boys.as far as the gang sets that i was with mostly everyone is gone ,they are either in prison for longterm ,dead,or they grew up and retired.i heard that there still is some crips out here and bloods or slobs as we used to call them.but i just dont ever see them ,as far as im concerned the gangs of philly have die'd out ,butt i could b wrong,anyways most of these young kids now are fake's trying to gain rep off my old crip set, now in philly gangs are nothing out here its every man for ther self ,butt there are a lot of drug crews and corners and ther the one's who run the city. it a shame that that its like that butt thats reality.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-29-2010 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: New members cannot post links

Old 01-29-2010, 02:23 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,954,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
some of the traditionally white residents
and all along I was thinking it was a genetic thing

Old 01-29-2010, 02:32 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,954,529 times
People in Philadelphia don't tolerate rigid hierarchies. That goes for gangs or politics or anything else. It goes back to the quaker roots of this town. New York mobsters of every shade have been trying to colonize Philly for decades to no avail.

"Organized" crime in Philly, in my experience, is loose affiliations of people from the same neighborhood who have known each other for a long time and, usually, there is some sort of family unit at the core of the group (cousins, brothers, uncles, etc).

It's also part of the reason that the groups are always shifting and/or rising up and dying out - once the core winds up dead or in jail it's over. There is no real chain of command so when the leadership dies the people on the fringes drift off to other groups.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:48 PM

Yeh your right people here dont like taking orders from anyone thats why gangs dont last in philly every one is out for ther own,being an ex gang member i know that the gang lifestyle is stupid ! Its road that goes nowhere exept for prison or in a box , and as for the real mafia in south philly, new york has been trying to take over philly for the longest time but they could never accomplish it ,south philly is like no other place every one grew up together and knows each other well, its almost like they started ther own mafia seperate from the other big italian mob familys, theres no real structure ,here they do what they want and when they want without haveing to answer to newyork or anyone else ,the marlino crew made ther own rules and pretty much got away with it

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM

118 posts, read 279,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solibs View Post
and all along I was thinking it was a genetic thing
You are extremely witty and I'm glad you're here

Old 01-29-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgh,pa View Post
philly is a tough city but pittsburgh is too pennyslvania had the most homicides in the nation because of that philly has 200 homicides and pittsburgh has 101 and phillys population is over 1 million pittsburghs only has 333,000
IN 2007 PHILLY HAD ABOUT 480 HOMICIDES THAT YEAR MY BOY I GREW UP WITH WAS CARJACKED AND MURDERD AT 9TH AND ERIE AVE.HE WAS THE #460 SOMETING HOMICIDE IN 07 NOW HE'S ON THE HOMICIDE MEMORIAL IN WEST PHILLY WITH ALL 480 SOMETHING VICTUMS NAMES ON A WALL ,BUT THANK GOD THAT THE MURDA RATE HAS GONE DOWN A GREAT DEAL SINCE THEN,ITS SICKENING HOW SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE .

Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacc View Post
thank you, i grew up in philly & now reside in la. I remember being affiliated with a gang in the early 80's from swp called the 5-4 mob (about 1500 deep) over at shaw jr. High. & back then if you went beyond spingfield ave you had to deal with 5-0 woodland ave, (crazy guys & girls....who remembers the holly hoes? (lol)) they were about 2500 deep, & then you had the ville (bartram village progets) over at 5-4 elmwood and 5-6 cedar ave, 5-7 b-more, 5-2 whitby, & a whole bunch of smaller cliques...just on the south side alone, & when you got to the north side, (accross market st. You had 5-2 mkt, 6-0 mkt (better known as the moon gang, cause when the sun when down they came out. (lol) they were about 4000 deep. (but that's all they was...could really rumble worth s#!^.:d
one of their cliques was a group on knuckle heads that called themselves the mighty mutha ****as....really & you had to be atleast 6' 2" to get in.
(lol) as a kid i remember seeing a crew of them together coming accross 59th & chestnut one night & we all ran in the house, they looked like 3 or 4 basketball teams. (lol) all of this was just in west philly (north & south sides alone, not counting north, south, g-town, even mt. Airy & west oak lane had corners back then...like dog town, the clang, 75th ave.
I say all this to say that it was very,very, organized back in the early 80's & late 70's & if you went somewhere that they didn't know you, you were asked " where you from?" & it got so bad that even when you said nowhere they'd say nowheres getting to be pretty deep cause every body that's starting to walk through here is claiming nowhere, and then you could cancel christmas. believe me it's nothing like that in philly anymore! These young knuckle heads that are claiming the the old corners are doing just that..claiming and the ones (supposedly)claiming bloods & crips.....please...... If your not trolling you'll be fine, i tell people here in la that philly guys damm near all carry guns & are hot headed so you can be shot for damm near anything when dealing with that type of young knucklehead. You'll see, philly's cool.
yea right dog your crazy no gang in philly have 4000 members or even 2500 thats insane the biggest gangs in philly were o.k.caral,zulu nation, your talking about a gang that people cant join unless they were at least 6 ft2 lol is that a joke your funny dog

Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,351,011 times
I think that's about enough trolling for one thread....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia