Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM

15 posts, read 63,782 times

Advertisements

I am a new driver and I got a improper left turn driving ticket several days ago.(From Cecil B moore Ave. to broad St.) The cop gave me a $119.5 ticket plus 3 points. Two NO LEFT TURN signal are on both left and right sides across the broad St. Maybe they are not very clear. The citation asked me to plead guilty or not guilty with 10 days. I already mailed the traffic citation back to tracffic court to plead not guilty. (I only sighed on the back to plead not guilty) I did this just hope that the judger can consider my situation and help me remove off my 3 points.

I only mailed the traffic citation back. Do I need to do anything else like paying the court fee before I go to the traffic court on the date listed on the citation?

I mailed the citation about two weeks ago and I didn't get any response from the court. So, I am thinking is there anything missed by me? Or, I just need to wait the trial date comes?

This is my first time so I hope I can get any help from you.

Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuxiaoboasdf View Post
I am a new driver and I got a improper left turn driving ticket several days ago.(From Cecil B moore Ave. to broad St.) The cop gave me a $119.5 ticket plus 3 points. Two NO LEFT TURN signal are on both left and right sides across the broad St. Maybe they are not very clear. The citation asked me to plead guilty or not guilty with 10 days. I already mailed the traffic citation back to tracffic court to plead not guilty. (I only sighed on the back to plead not guilty) I did this just hope that the judger can consider my situation and help me remove off my 3 points.

I only mailed the traffic citation back. Do I need to do anything else like paying the court fee before I go to the traffic court on the date listed on the citation?

I mailed the citation about two weeks ago and I didn't get any response from the court. So, I am thinking is there anything missed by me? Or, I just need to wait the trial date comes?

This is my first time so I hope I can get any help from you.

Thank you so much

Always plead NOT guilty and go to court. A lot of the time the court will reduce it to a lesser charge so at least you won't have points taken off. I've done it before and everyone I know who's ever gotten a ticket pleads not guilty and goes to court, every single time their charge has been reduced.

Good luck....

Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,618,205 times
Am I the only one confused by this? If there are signs that say no left turn, and you turned left, then you broke the law. Sounds like you are guilty.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
Am I the only one confused by this? If there are signs that say no left turn, and you turned left, then you broke the law. Sounds like you are guilty.

Agree, but this being America, noone is ever guilty, or responsible, for anything wrong that they do. Apparently you can plead not guilty, even though you clearly are, and get off. I'll have to remember that the next time I break the law.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:03 AM

26 posts, read 79,063 times
I'm assuming the OP made a left turn on a way one street ? I am fairly new to the state of PA but I believe that is against the law no matter where you are.

Innocent until proven guilty....or caught
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia