Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,646 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking for a home in the suburbs with relative close proximity to the airport and to a train to the city for his job. We stumbled upon Concord Valley townhomes in Boothwyn. The model is very nice (maybe a little small) and the price is right ($225K which leaves us room for upgrades.) But the school system seems terrible based on reviews I've seen. We have a baby, so schools are not that important to us now since we assume we will be moving within 5 yrs or, if we stayed an extra yr, we'd just send him to private school for a yr. But a bad school system concerns me for the neighborhood...does anyone have any idea about the Marcus Hook/ Boothwyn area? Or anyone have any further thoughts on the Concord Valley homes??

Also, any other suggestions for newer homes in reasonable distance from the airport and city in a nice neighborhood?? I would love to have somewhere to walk around with the baby and maybe even walk to a coffee shop, etc, but we know we won't get it all. Ideally we just want an area with other young professionals, some of whom hopefully have young kids also. We'd like to stay around 300K, so that's why we were thinking townhome. But we have some flexibility there if we find the right fit. Newer is definitely key as we don't want to / don't have the time or talent to deal with a fixer-upper. We looked at some new construction in Media which everyone seems to love, esp with the great schools, but they started around 400K and not sure we want to go that high for a townhome. And, like we said, we may not need to pay the premium for a great school district just yet as long as the area is pretty nice.

Any help you can suggest would be great...Thanks!! Btw, we have a pretty open timeframe, so immediacy is not important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: