Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,349 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I work at Paoli Hospital and am currently commuting from Reading. I am hoping to move to back closer to the city. My best friend is planning to relocate to the city to work at CHOP and asked me to live with her. Is there any area where she and I could live together that would make both of our commutes as desirable as possible? We are in our 20's and would still enjoy a more social "city" atmosphere. It would only be for one year. I am mostly concerned about the commute on 76. How bad is the commute from Philadelphia area to Paoli on 76? I would be working night shift so I would be traveling west on 76 to get to work at 7pm and traveling home eastbound on 76 at 7:30 am. Does anyone do this commute from Manayunk to MainLine? I'd really appreciate any input!

P.S. I am currently doing a one hour commute. I don't mind the one hour commute but wouldn't want it to be much longer than that. I worry more about unreliability as I work 12 hours shifts (aka limited sleep time in between) and I'm a nurse so it is very important that I make it to my job in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,664,916 times
Those are tough times to commute out there on 76, especially the trip home which will be the height of rush hour. Is the hospital too far from the train to walk? I would think that would be preferable. If you have to drive and want to be close to CHOP, stay to the west end of Center City, Fairmount or University City. Manayunk makes it a little better for Paoli as you are a couple of exits further along 76, but it will still be busy.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM

10,220 posts, read 16,729,984 times
you could take the train. if you live near 30th st station (and CHOP) Amtrak does the run in 25 min. SEPTA runs an outbound express in the morning and the local train is about 50 min to suburban station. It's a bit of a hike to the hospital but not impossible, there's also connecting bus service there.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM

41 posts, read 52,760 times
Help, can someone please tell me how to post a question on this philly forum?
I have a question about a commute as wellthanks...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM

41 posts, read 52,760 times
Default Bensalem to nwales?

Hi, forgive me if I am not doing this correctly. I just joined and I have a question. I have to be in Bensalem Pa next week and get to a place for a wedding that is in North Wales Pa. I have been doing some map questing and found that a route street road to county line road will get me into north wales. I am not comfortable taking highways etc....at all, so I wanted to know if anyone knows this route and about how far it is...any help would be greatly apriciated. The place I need to get to is a hotel..joseph ambler inn in north wales, from bensalem PA ...no highways...thanks!!
Joanie

Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,562,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauryn88 View Post
Help, can someone please tell me how to post a question on this philly forum?
I have a question about a commute as wellthanks...
Go to top left right above where it says threads in forum and click on new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia