Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,659 times

Advertisements

Hello

I chanced upon this website recently. I'm hoping to get some real help!! I'll be starting a new job in Princeton NJ and my wife has just started a new job in downtown Philadelphia. We're both in the healthcare field and can have long hours. We'd like to move to a mutually convenient place in Pennsylvania, perhaps Bucks county ( we're currently living in evesham NJ). We're hoping to buy a 3-4 bedroom house in a good neighborhood( It's our first time and we really don't know where to begin!) Also we're expecting our first baby in September. Newtown seems very promising, but the distance seems a bit daunting.
Any starter suggestions on any of the aspects above would be a great help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 07:35 AM

183 posts, read 1,263,270 times
Why do you want to move out of NJ. Merverville, Princeton, Hamilton square, Hamilton are all nice areas and close to both your jobs. There is also a train station in Mercerville area. If you want to go to PA then yes Bucks county would be good. Levittown, Langehorne, and surrounding areas is close to both your work.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 8,659 times
The distance from Evesham to Princeton is quite a bit for me but not too bad for my wife. Bucks county would probably make the commute equidistant for both of us. Hence to idea to relocate to Bucks county.

What areas of Bucks county ( preferably close to 95) would we find a single family home/town home . We may have to move in 3-4 years and hence need to have a house with good resale value. Any suggestions

Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by django View Post
What areas of Bucks county ( preferably close to 95) would we find a single family home/town home . We may have to move in 3-4 years and hence need to have a house with good resale value. Any suggestions
Yardley is a pretty little town with an exit off of 95. Here's a link for more information: //www.city-data.com/city/Yardley-Pennsylvania.html.

Langhorne and Newtown are both very nice, family-friendly communities.
Here is a link to the Borough of Newtown: Welcome to Newtown Borough, Bucks County, PA
and a link for more information about Langhorne: ttp://www.city-data.com/city/Langhorne-Pennsylvania.html

I hope this helps. Good luck to you and your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia