Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,588,692 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming the PT is the train. The schedule for the Cynwyd Line is very limited. I would suggest living nearer to Suburban Station (17th and Market). Rittenhouse Square for example would be a much closer walk.

SEPTA | Cynwyd Line Regional Rail Schedule | Weekday | to Cynwyd
SEPTA | Cynwyd Line Regional Rail Schedule | Weekday | to Center City Philadelphia

If you are set on Old City or South Street, I would prefer Old City, but you would have to rely on the Frankford El to get you to the train station. It's a very short ride, but if there are delays you would miss your train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 AM

584 posts, read 1,425,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
I'm assuming the PT is the train. The schedule for the Cynwyd Line is very limited. I would suggest living nearer to Suburban Station (17th and Market). Rittenhouse Square for example would be a much closer walk.

SEPTA | Cynwyd Line Regional Rail Schedule | Weekday | to Cynwyd
SEPTA | Cynwyd Line Regional Rail Schedule | Weekday | to Center City Philadelphia

If you are set on Old City or South Street, I would prefer Old City, but you would have to rely on the Frankford El to get you to the train station. It's a very short ride, but if there are delays you would miss your train.
Second the Rittenhouse recommendation! If you can swing it financially (Rittenhouse is one of the nicest areas in the city and has a price tag to match) check it out. It has lots of restaurants, shopping, and pubs and is walking distance to the Arts district. As Newmarlig mentioned it has the added bonus of being close to Suburban Station, but you can also pretty easily access a number of other public transit options if needed. I'm female in my early 30's and if/when I move back into the city - it will be to Rittenhouse...hands down my favorite neighborhood!!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
You could also easily walk from Old City to Market East station. South Street would be a much longer walk to the train.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
You could also easily walk from Old City to Market East station. South Street would be a much longer walk to the train.
The train to/from Bala does not stop at Market East.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:34 PM

Since the Rittenhouse recommendation was thrown out there, you might also take a look at Fitler Sq (often lumped into Rittenhouse Sq) and Logan Sq. Fitler Sq is a few blocks west of Rittenhouse and would put you a bit close to 30th st station (which can also take you to Bala). You could access amenities in Graduate Hospital area, University city, or Rittenhouse. Logan Sq is a bit west and North of Rittenhouse...but walkable to both Rittenhouse and potentially the Art Museum area. There isn't quite as much activity, but prices are a bit lower here. You could access either the Suburban Station or 30th St Station. There is also a Trader Joe's supermarket in Logan Sq.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by templeu View Post
Since the Rittenhouse recommendation was thrown out there, you might also take a look at Fitler Sq (often lumped into Rittenhouse Sq) and Logan Sq. Fitler Sq is a few blocks west of Rittenhouse and would put you a bit close to 30th st station (which can also take you to Bala). You could access amenities in Graduate Hospital area, University city, or Rittenhouse. Logan Sq is a bit west and North of Rittenhouse...but walkable to both Rittenhouse and potentially the Art Museum area. There isn't quite as much activity, but prices are a bit lower here. You could access either the Suburban Station or 30th St Station. There is also a Trader Joe's supermarket in Logan Sq.
Trader Joe's is at 22nd and Market - that's not Logan Square. You may be thinking of Whole Foods.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
Trader Joe's is at 22nd and Market - that's not Logan Square. You may be thinking of Whole Foods.
No, I'm referring to that Trader Joe's. What's the border for Rittenhouse v Logan Square neighborhoods. I've looked at places in Logan (off of Cherry St) and the Trader Joe's was so close, I assumed it was within the Logan Sq border, my bad.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM

I would just call 22nd and Market - Market Street West. It's not really a neighborhood.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 PM

6 posts, read 10,177 times
Thanks again, guys. Good to know the info about Trader Joe's too. I have just being introduced to the store. Excellent one.
I do like Rittenhouse Sq area - though a bit difficult to find a place that falls within my price range Fingers cross.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 PM

What is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia