Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,920 times

Advertisements

Can we start a Pinned Philly photo thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 05:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,173,971 times
We can only keep two "sticky" threads at a time. Since both current stickys are popular or are referred to a lot, I would suggest keeping a photo thread active by posting to it regularly.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,920 times
Ok didnt know that thanks!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,318,620 times
Pics of Philly seems to be one of the better threads. We could try to keep this active.

However ... Atlanta forum has 3 sticky threads, and one of them is a photo thread. But I do notice that most other forums have 1 or 2 stickys.

Is it possible to get an "exception" for the 2 rule (I am guessing it is not a limitation of the software, but a suggested rule by the forum?). Or could you convert the "Questions For Future and Potential Residents" into a "Questions For Future and Potential Residents + Photo thread" (Un-sticky the current thread. Create a new thread.)

With growth in the sunbelt slowing (?), people might be interested in comparatively affordable places like metro Philadelphia. A good picture is worth a thousand words!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 AM

There is another request in the "General Pointers..." thread asking for a photo thread.

I wonder what happened to the Pics of Philly thread I listed boave. Some how it is no longer valid.

Can moderator revive that thread? Will someone (with some interest in photos) start a new thread? Can we get a third sticky -- please see comments about 3 stickys above?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:39 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,173,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
There is another request in the "General Pointers..." thread asking for a photo thread.

I wonder what happened to the Pics of Philly thread I listed boave. Some how it is no longer valid.

Can moderator revive that thread? Will someone (with some interest in photos) start a new thread? Can we get a third sticky -- please see comments about 3 stickys above?
The Pics of Philly thread you refer to is still open. Some of the pictures have expired or are otherwise no longer available. All it takes is for someone to post to it again. As a reminder, only original (i.e. your own) pictures can be posted.

Generally speaking, only two sticky threads can be on a forum at one time. If you see more in other forums, it is likely a temporary exception.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM

When I click on Pics of Philly link above, I get: Invalid Thread specified. Even when I am logged on.

Tone, can you try to log out of your account, and try to access it.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,132 times
Here are two threads that were started back in 2009. Maybe one of the mods could merge them? (I think the title should be kept as: Philly Photo Thread.)

As indicated in these older threads, people should post only THEIR photos, not those pulled off the web.

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...-pictures.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...to-thread.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia