Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,981 times

Advertisements

My mother has lived in Buckingham Springs for over 10 years. I am there several days a week. This is a beautiful community for 55+. I don't know even one person here that doesn't love it. It is clean, beautiful, safe, and very friendly. I didn't think that I would ever get my parents to move from their big beautiful Bucks County home (they were too old to stay there) , but when they saw this place they were convinced. I feel that Buckingham Springs is a blessing to our family and all that live there. We watched the construction of the home from the foundation up. Yes, it is prefab, but it is made well and finished beautifully. I think that it is a great value for the money and you couldn't ask for a more friendly community. Yes, check it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Tracy and PaigeOne you are both soooo wrong. Obviously never been to a real trailer park.
A modular home or manufactured home does not mean 'trailer park'. Many of these companies that build modular/manufactured homes also build homes in the 3,000 to 5,000 square foot range in the same style the build the smaller homes for the 55+ communities.

We've lived in Buckingham Township since 1995, and Bucks county since 1986. Just today drove through Buckingham Springs looking at all the homes. Every home was clean, pride was taken by the owners to create beautiful little gardens, and many of owners made some structural changes making them unique. They have a very nice pool, exercise room, game rooms, large community room, library, and so much more. You won't ever find that in a "trailer park" community.

We were very impressed. We are looking to downsize and hopefully be able to live in Bucks County, I have a lot of business ties in Bucks County. We checked out many 55+ communities in the same or lower price range. Yes, there definitely are some we have been to that look like "mobile home parks" because they once were. We've driven to some in Maryland, in PA counties of Montgomery, Lehigh, Carbon, Berks and Bucks County. Some smaller than others, some with no real tree lined streets, you have to pick what you like best. Some communities, we immediately said "not for us" after only driving a 1/2 a street into it. Others were very nicely done to where we spent 30 mins or more driving up and down streets enjoying the lovely gardens of the owners. One thing we noticed was most of the communities, the neighbors all waved to you and smiled.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,701 times
Default My father lived there for 12 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I recently came across a website for this 55+ community located in New Hope. As a person contemplating retirement in a few years, and interested in relocating to Bucks County, I would appreciate any input regarding Buckingham Springs and the New Hope area as a potential retirement location.

Thanks in advance for your input!
My father lived at Buckingham Springs for 12 years and loved it. He found many friends and activities to get involved with and went on some of their many trips. He had one of the bigger places which backs up to a park-like area making his yard very spacious. My husband's aunt and uncle live there as well and they love it. The people are friendly and care about one another.
It was the best nove for him after my mother died.
Since his passing in August I have had the opportunity to experience the true spirit of the community. I have received support from many of them. While cleaning out my father's house many neighbors and friend stopped by to offer support and I didn't even know them before this happened. It reminds me of how a neighborhood should be, not what it currently is in Bucks County. I grew up in Bucks County and moved away due to the lack of Community. Now I see it is still there, only at Buckingham Springs.
Plus with the economy so bad you would not have to pay 200,000 to buy there. It is even less.
I say go take a look. What can it hurt.
Cindy

Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
I realize this thread is three years old, but I was curious because I recently looked at an over-55 called "Blue Bell Springs" (Blue Bell, PA). The homes were cute but I had the same feeling -- sort of like a trailer park. A NICE trailer park, but a t.p. nonetheless. The website doesn't say the homes are modular, but they definitely look like modulars. They are very similar to the homes at Buckingham Springs. Personally, I don't like the look of modulars....they DO remind me of the "double-wide" homes in the nicer parks in FL. Don't mean to offend anyone. I don't think they hold their value as much as a stick-built single home would, but I have no statistics to back that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia