Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 9,527 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to Nether Providence and am exploring pre-school and mom's morning out programs for my 1.5 year old. I will most likely look to enroll him in pre-school at 2.5 or 3, but want to learn the ins and outs of the local schools. Please share any and all opinions or recommendations about the available nursery schools.

Thank you and I look forward to reading your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 05:47 PM

434 posts, read 1,312,459 times
Here's a list of some popular nursery schools in the Nether Providence area:

Wallingford Co-Operative Nursery School
Wallingford Co-Op Nursery School

Old Union Nursery School
Rose Valley Rd, Wallingford

Swarthmore Presbyterian Nursery Day School
About Swarthmore Presbyterian Nursery Day School (http://swarthmorepres.org/spndsabout.aspx - broken link)

Kehillah Early Learning Center Federation
Federation Early Learning Services :: Kehillah Early Learning Center

The School in Rose Valley
the School In Rose Valley offers a strikingly different model of how young children should be educated : School In Rose Valley

At least the Wallingford Co-op and Old Union have Mom's Morning Out programs.

Though the Wallingford Co-op, Old Union and Swarthmore Pres are all housed in churches, and Kehillah is in a temple, I'm pretty sure none of them have any type of religious curriculum.

I believe Swarthmore Pres is one of the few pre-schools in the area that is NAEYC accredited, in case that's important to you. The teachers are all great.

The School in Rose Valley is on a really cool campus and has a fantastic summer camp. I think it's the only one on the above list that goes beyond pre-school (to sixth grade).

The Wallingford co-op gives you an opportunity to help within your child's classroom (hence the "co-op" part). It's a nice way to see how the kids are doing firsthand.

One other thing you may want to consider: Many public kindergartens (including the Wallingford-Swarthmore school district) are half-day. As such, many nursery schools offer "kindergarten complement" (or similarly named) programs so that your kindergartner has something to do the other half of the school day. You might want to keep that in mind as you evaluate the pre-schools.

Good luck!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 9,527 times
Thank you!!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 AM

434 posts, read 1,312,459 times
I thought of another couple nursery schools to add to the list:

Trinity Cooperative Day Nursery School
TCDN

Holy Trinity Nursery School
Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church - Wallingford, PA

Old 01-19-2017, 06:26 AM

1 posts, read 897 times
Hi
I have also recently moved to the area and am looking for a nursery school for my 2.5 year old. Your list was extremely helpful but most of these programs are half days. I'm looking for more of a full day program. I am open to looking at daycares as well. I really would just like for my daughter to have some structure and routine. Any suggestions other than the previous post that might include some fulltime programs?
Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia