Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:21 AM

10,220 posts, read 16,729,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerr91 View Post
I know that dangerous exist everywhere and you have to use common sense to avoid them.I just need an apartment where my brother and I can live safely and where coming home slightly late at night isnt too much of a problem.I checked out Spring Garden and it was good but some of the apartments i saw where a little rough.Any chance of getting one in or close to Centre City for around 800$ a month.A single bedroom is all thats required.
the apt's were rough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 01:20 PM

62 posts, read 93,572 times
Not the south garden apartments,but the others I looked for.Obviously I have never been to Philly so I'm not in the position to make any judgments but from what I saw it looked not so good.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 PM

How about this one ?
Park Towne Place Apartments
2200 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130 .

Old 03-12-2011, 01:30 PM

And this :
2201 Pennsylvania Avenue,the rent is a little high,but manageable.
Chestnut Hill Village Apartments
7800 B Stenton Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 PM

Probably posting a little too much but could you please tell me from the list below what areas to look in ? Thanks

Center City
Far Northeast Phili
Germantown-Chestnut Hill
Lower North Phili
Mayfair
Mount Airy
Near Northeast Phili
Olney-Oak Lane
Roxborough-Manayunk
South Phili
Southwest Phili
University City
Upper North Phili
West Phili
Wissinoming

Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 7,606 times
You're probably not going to be able to afford anything in Center City with your budget. Maybe you'll get lucky though. Try Graduate Hospital (might be considered more South Philly than Center City)
Manayunk is a fun place to live. Lots of college students live there and there are plenty of bars and restaurants. It's not very close to Temple though.
University City is where UPenn and Drexel are located. Its is technically part of West Philadelphia. Obviously, a lot of college students live there and it's generally safe.
South Philly might have some good options for you... Bella Vista, Queen Village...
I would stay away from Olney-Oak Lane. The Northeast and Southwest wouldn't really make sense for you.

Philly is generally a nice place to live. Very diverse, lots to do, close to NYC and DC. I don't think the area around Temple is that bad, you just have to be careful. The most ideal place in the city to live is Center City. However, it's not cheap there. I think the best place for you to look is Manayunk. It just might be a pain getting from there to Temple every day.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:12 PM

5 posts, read 7,606 times
Also, The Ben Franklin Parkway is right in Center City. It's nice. The Park Towne Place Apartments are nice as well.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:20 PM

I found quite a few apartments in the Centerl City area with rent around 850 $ a month.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM

10,220 posts, read 16,729,984 times
Quote:
Not the south garden apartments,but the others I looked for.Obviously I have never been to Philly so I'm not in the position to make any judgments but from what I saw it looked not so good.
spring garden.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:05 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,554,190 times
Quote:
I found quite a few apartments in the Centerl City area with rent around 850 $ a month.
For more than a one room studio though?

It does happen don't get me wrong, but sometimes it ends up being not what you expected. You can usually get more bang for your buck if you look outside CC as well.

Stay away from the Franklin House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia