U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2006, 04:45 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,115,505 times

Advertisements

Job offer, one of the options given for relocation is Philly/Eastern PA area.
Just looking for any suggestions, comments, advice...Out of the locations given, we kinda think this would be the area we would like the most, BUT, don't really know anything about the area, other than all the stories of how people are pretty rude, don't like outsiders, etc. Also housing seems to be VERY EXPENSIVE!
I've looked even as far up as Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, and housing seemed pretty high.

Any suggestions, areas to look? Have a family, so apt, condo, small house not an option. Good public schools important. Can afford up to about 225k. Anywhere in the Philly area, including New Jersey, Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, may be able to go out a little ways, probably up to about 60-90 miles out from Philly.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2006, 05:28 PM

179 posts, read 991,992 times
well first of all philly people are not rude, we just dislike fans of the NY giants, LOL. This is a great area, close to NY, AC and Wash/Balt area. 225 you can easily find a nice twin in some really good areas with great schools and you can even find some singles in good areas also. Havertown has some of the best publis schools in the area and a nice twin with 3 bedrooms for under 225 is not that hard to find. Springfield, ridley park are also 2 nice areas with decent schools.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:20 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,115,505 times
Let me add, Columbus, OH and anywhere in NJ are other choices I have for relocation. From reading posts, it seems there are a lot of people from PA who either end up in Ohio or moved there from NJ.

Any opinions on which area you liked better?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,069 times
Default postcardpastor

Yes, housing in Philadelphia area expensive, but hopefully your opinion of people being "rude" can easily be changed! Suburban Philadelphia school districts have excellent reputation, so if you have school-age kids, this is a real PLUS! (making real estate taxes rather high). Radnor Twsp, Lower Merion, Tredyfferin, Marple Newtown, Haverford Twsp. all western suburbs all have good schools. Least "expensive" housing probably in Haverford Twsp and Tredyfferin Twsp. Lower Merion and Radnor are probably higest, but wonderful places to invest your dollars.....low crime rates, excellent schools, so convenient to center city, airport, (Expressway,(76) "Blue Route" (476), I95, etc. I can put you in touch with real estate agent who will personalize your "home shopping" (not a relative!!!!!). Let me know how I can help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia