Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times

Advertisements

Okay I know that those looking for apartments can look at
Apartments for Rent and Rentals - Free Apartment Finder | ApartmentGuide.com
Philadelphia Apartments - Rent Philadelphia PA Apartments ? Philadelphia Apartment Rentals
Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

Yes all these sites are good. However i wanted to create thread that would include personal experiences that are good not bad (i.e. apartmentratings) with apartment communities in the philadelphia metro area.

If you love your apartment and want to share tell others and maybe post a few photos

I hope this thread catches on because most folks moving to philly move to an apartment first. This could help others find communities where others have had good experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 AM

Default Luxury apartments vs Non Luxury apartments

Luxury apartments come with more amenities such as:
concierge
door Man
activities planner
indoor/outdoor pool and spa
exercise room with a trainer
sun deck
social room with a variety of activities
lobby coffee bar
same day maintenance guarantee (including non-emergency items)
indoor parking in basement with numbered spaces and CCTV security system
Dog park
Fitness Center
Bike Rack
Business Center
Snow Removal( this is big in the winter)
Trash Removal

Obviously if you dont use the amenities then it make sense just to find a clean apartment in a nice safe area.

Luxury apartments do tend to attract younger professional crowd might be good for networking. Or if your single it might be worth it to pay more to meet other young singles with the disposable income to spend on a luxury apartment.

Last edited by Aimewitue; 04-30-2011 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-30-2011, 03:37 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,779,876 times
I'm surprised no one bothered to clue you in but we are only allowed 2 stickys and we already have them, even though they are hardley if ever used. We couldn't even get one for pictures. On your subject most people seem to prefer their own thread.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I'm surprised no one bothered to clue you in but we are only allowed 2 stickys and we already have them, even though they are hardley if ever used. We couldn't even get one for pictures. On your subject most people seem to prefer their own thread.

Yes i knew about the two sticky rule. Sucks!! I was hoping since a large number of people post about apartments in different areas.

It would be nice to have one thread dedicated to the best apartments in each area of the city.

Instead of hundreds of threads about the apartments in different areas in the city

Most people moving to a new city choose an apartment first. Just trying to be helpful thats all.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:20 AM

3 posts, read 4,621 times
thanks so much OP! those links are so helpful!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 AM

76 posts, read 134,926 times
I think it is GREAT idea! Yes, we can search different threads but it would be so much better to have one place to go to get apt/broker reviews. We all know that CL is sketchy and hopefully everyone knows never to send money or rent an apt without physically seeing it in person '-)

Pictures would be great, not only of apts but of areas of the city or your 'hood' that you could share. Someone on another thread suggested hotpads.com as an alternate search. I briefly checked it out and it seems to have some good inventory and information.

Thanks again to everyone!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM

Default The Philadelphia Apartment Company

Free Apartment Search at The Philly Apartment Company

I thought i would add this link to this thread they seem to have a lot of rentals in the area.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Another great apartment company in Center city Philadelphia

PMC Property Group Inc | Philadelphia Apartments for Rent | philadelphiamanagement.com

Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 AM

Default Center City

Another Center City Realty Company OCF Realty | A Philadelphia Real Estate Firm | Real Estate Property Management Philadelphia | Homes, Apartments, Condos, Commercial Spaces, Vacant Land | Buy, Rent, Sell Property in Philadelphia

Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 AM

76 posts, read 134,926 times
What about "Locators, Inc." They never post pics and I read someplace that they charge a fee of $125 to send you a list? Looking for anyone with personal experience.

Thanks for the above links! Initially I will have my housing provided by travel company/hospital, but want to find my own after 13 week assignment is over with plans on being in Philly permanently.

Any other sites for those looking for roomates other than CL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia