Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,349,946 times

Advertisements

155 Ridge Blvd Brookhaven PA - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #5805064 - Realtor.com®

Nancy (and moderator): NOT advertising or anything here; NOT a realtor. Just wanted to give you an example of a decent-looking home with a good yard for the dog on the GOOD side of Brookhaven, which has a really nice community feel. You could probably get something like this for 150-155.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 AM

76 posts, read 466,104 times
thanks soulsurv for the link.....house seems nice, those capes dont have dining rms though, some dont anyways....area looks nice and taxes for 2009 were 3000+ low taxes is good....here is a link to my criteria, and you will see what comes up, and out of those houses and ADDRESSES you see, what area is best....most seem to be in parkside and im not interested in that area.....i live in clifton heights, and those areas seem similar to say collingdale parts or here in clifton, some parts....and run downish area, not a good place for resale........

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...fd-mobile-home

Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 AM

76 posts, read 466,104 times
CPOMP, thanks for the feedback..yea i wish we could go up to 200K or even 160s, but i think 1st time around my H is feeling more comfortable settling for 140s, low i know, but if taxes are decent, then he can afford that 1100+ mortg....i say 150 and less, cause you never know what you'll find and who will come down in price....this single in Aldan we saw the other day was just dropped to 149, taxes are about 4500 give or take, its an older old world charm type home, big huge property it sits on and plenty off street parking...owner has a place waiting for him in an assisted living home, and so who knows if we will come down more in price or not....was told he wants to go asap and will consider seller assist too.....the house is well maintained but needs updated kitchen and bath fixtures, so its not like this gorgeous move in ready prop...been listed for 4 months and no real bites at all....it was 173 i think, so now its 149, who knows if he would go down to say 135, realtor is doing a comp ck, other houses at same list price, are more updated and modern and dont have such huge lots, that some people dont want to have to spend all their time cutting and caring for, ME, id love it..... anyways.........we know the ALDAN area its right next to our town of clifton hgts, its a nice community, beautiful homes, but the william penn SD is lousy, i dont need the schools anymore though, but its that lousy SD that drives up the taxes......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia