Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 07:23 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
That will have to be one of the mysteries of life. There are enough people with enough money & power who live there & have to look at the hole every day that, if it bothered them, they would have done something about it long ago.
Of course the Perelmans are not developers of the type, I think, that's needed. They're primarily philanthropists which has been a blessing to various local institutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Of course the Perelmans are not developers of the type, I think, that's needed. They're primarily philanthropists which has been a blessing to various local institutions.
There's a lot of money & a lot of power on the square. For the most part they are remarkably laid back. I've been aware of the dynamic there since the late 60s, when I was in high school.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
There really is no flow of the surrounding buildings, many different styles from many different time periods. Even so if its too "shiny" any glare produced by the sun would shine over the church and the corner of 19th and Walnut, it would have no affect on the Square or any of the other buildings surrounding it.

I would have immediately gotten into a debate with that woman over what she thinks is suitable for that lot. If her answer was "something that fits the neighborhood" I would tell her to move to West Chester. That is such a vague birdbrained answer.
When she said that it was too shiny, I was literally biting my lips from the thought I had in my mind.
I was thinking, "Well lady, the building might be shiny but not as shinny as your botox and skin lifted forehead." (not that I oppose the procedure if done properly).

Old 11-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
When she said that it was too shiny, I was literally biting my lips from the thought I had in my mind.
I was thinking, "Well lady, the building might be shiny but not as shinny as your botox and skin lifted forehead." (not that I oppose the procedure if done properly).
Southbound_295, won't like this but too many older people stay riveted to the past, it's what they are comfortable with and how they identify. The future, like this project, scares them for whatever reason. There's too much change and "breaks" what they're familiar with.

The fact is you, and folks like you(younger Gen-X and millennials) are, increasingly, what the city needs.

Tbh, although I'm an older Boomer, I'm SICK of Boomers. Too many of them are just too conservatives and anti-progress.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:32 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Study: King of Prussia rail a fast track to growth

Old 12-03-2015, 02:53 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Zoning Notice at the Sound of Market Building | Naked Philly

Another great building getting rehabbed in Market East.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,879 times
Hey guys, this is flyersfan1 and new to the forum with a question?
Any updated information on the possible height change to 60 stories 1,145 feet
For the CITC and will some news officially come down the line?

Old 12-03-2015, 06:23 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1 View Post
Hey guys, this is flyersfan1 and new to the forum with a question?
Any updated information on the possible height change to 60 stories 1,145 feet
For the CITC and will some news officially come down the line?
I know for a fact that the story total will be 60, however the height change I believe is 1145, but I cannot confirm that.

Liberty Property Trust (owner) keeps the press on the tower very limited.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:26 PM

28 posts, read 21,586 times
I hope that Philly gets what it needs to be a pretty and thriving city. Sometimes cities are over developed and I hope that does not happen.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman885 View Post
I hope that Philly gets what it needs to be a pretty and thriving city. Sometimes cities are over developed and I hope that does not happen.
We have a lot of catching up to do. Will be awhile before any danger of over development happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia