Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 08:17 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times

Advertisements

Spreading the goodies a little further this time. Good news for N Broad and West Philly/Upper Darby: North Broad, Market East and Upper Darby projects get Pa. redevelopment grants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 11:12 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
This was probably posted by somebody before.
But with a little bit of something going on in the area adjacent to C21 which was formerly occupied by Walgreens, I cannot help myself to get excited.

[vimeo]168087917[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/168087917

Old 11-28-2016, 03:14 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Major Project in the Works on Lancaster Avenue | Naked Philly

A nice example of forward thinking (attractive) development on Drexels campus. I hope Temple developers are listening.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:05 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
This was probably posted by somebody before.
But with a little bit of something going on in the area adjacent to C21 which was formerly occupied by Walgreens, I cannot help myself to get excited.

[vimeo]168087917[/vimeo]
[vimeo]168087917[/vimeo]
[vimeo]168087917[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/168087917
Nope, never seen that vid before. Very nice. I also love Corey Pope's vids especially his latest one, Philadelphia in Motion...took a long time to do it because of stop motion.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

A nice example of forward thinking (attractive) development on Drexels campus. I hope Temple developers are listening.
Thank goodness! It looks like they are keeping the historic part intact!

Temple is just a more complex area to deal with. Just saying....

Old 11-29-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Thank goodness! It looks like they are keeping the historic part intact!

Temple is just a more complex area to deal with. Just saying....
Yes, they are essentially surrounding the original buildings with an addition, and then a new structure on what is now a parking lot.

I also think the neighbors of Powelton are much more concerned about neighborhood character since that is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city (architecture wise).

Old 11-29-2016, 09:30 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Yes, they are essentially surrounding the original buildings with an addition, and then a new structure on what is now a parking lot.

I also think the neighbors of Powelton are much more concerned about neighborhood character since that is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city (architecture wise).
Hey, it's way better than a façadectomy. Most of the historic buildings are left intact.

The shame of what appears likely on Jewelers Row is that Toll Brothers isn't even willing to consider a façadectomy.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Hey, it's way better than a façadectomy. Most of the historic buildings are left intact.

The shame of what appears likely on Jewelers Row is that Toll Brothers isn't even willing to consider a façadectomy.

I think the fighters need to let this one go, this project will provide more benefits than setbacks for the neighborhood. Far more unique and historic architecture that has been lost through the years for parking lots and ugly buildings.

The only reason so many people are aware/care about this project is because its Jewelers Row and Toll Brothers (why people hate them I still don't know why). This is a bandwagon fight, which to me is obnoxious and impeding good development.

Go fight for something more worthy like the old Please Touch Museum which is being replaced by horrific townhomes (yet no one seemed to care about it).

Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:

I really like it. I used to live just up Lancaster. More modern living options in the area are needed, that was a nice stretch of buildings so it's nice to see it preserved. Hopefully the protect can continue to breathe life into that whole stretch of Lancaster.

That whole campus has come a long way since I left.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I think the fighters need to let this one go, this project will provide more benefits than setbacks for the neighborhood. Far more unique and historic architecture that has been lost through the years for parking lots and ugly buildings.

The only reason so many people are aware/care about this project is because its Jewelers Row and Toll Brothers (why people hate them I still don't know why). This is a bandwagon fight, which to me is obnoxious and impeding good development.

Go fight for something more worthy like the old Please Touch Museum which is being replaced by horrific townhomes (yet no one seemed to care about it).
I don't hate Toll Brothers overall. But I do not like what they do in Philadelphia...the same low brow/no challenging attitude persists with them... It reminds me of the what we've discussed in retail thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia