Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 11:07 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,758,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
I don't see Larry Kramer as someone looking to line his pockets at all.

And the general Republican stance on equal rights should be enough to make anyone want to vomit and never pull the lever for them, among a cast of other reasons. And to be fair, there's a million reasons not to pull the lever for anyone in the city anointed by Bob Brady either.
I can not vote for someone for DA who was never a prosecutor. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 11:10 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
Coworking brand Spaces to occupy Philly's Hale Building offices

I love this building so much and think co working space is a great idea for it.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:30 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,335,818 times
14 Philadelphia-Area Companies Make Fortune 500 for 2017

Good news on the corporate front.
A quick breakdown by location.

7 in PA burbs
3 in Philadelphia
2 in Delware
2 in SJ

Old 06-08-2017, 12:41 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I never impugned Kramer in my note. In fact, I pointed him out as evidence that voters may finally be rebelling against machine politics.

As for the national GOP agenda, we agree. That said, I think the platform of any single candidate, regardless of party, should be taken into account before casting a ballot. And the further down ballot any candidate is, the more relevance this has. For example, I think the GOP candidate for DA is not terribly bound to the national GOP agenda. I intend to take a serious look at her before voting this fall.

View my posts under this light: the only time I recall voting for a Repubkican was a vote for Pete duPont for Delaware governor in the 1970s. I hardly think I can be viewed as a GOP agoolgist.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I can not vote for someone for DA who was never a prosecutor. Period.
Yes we know, you hate Krasner. But pissing off that fat idiot McNesby is icing on the cake for me, after the fact that I believe Krasner has a truly progressive agenda that Philadelphia is in desperate need of.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Coworking brand Spaces to occupy Philly's Hale Building offices

I love this building so much and think co working space is a great idea for it.
Coworking spaces are EXPLODING in this city. More and more all the time. I'm hopeful this means there will be more entrepreneurship in the coming years (motivated young people working in close proximity).

Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post

Yes we know, you hate Krasner. But pissing off that fat idiot McNesby is icing on the cake for me, after the fact that I believe Krasner has a truly progressive agenda that Philadelphia is in desperate need of.
I don't hate him. I don't think he's qualified for the job. And I'm a liberal leaning to very liberal as in being a social democrat. I'm gay which usually means one is automatically progressive.

Stop trying to think you know me. You don't.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:40 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Coworking spaces are EXPLODING in this city. More and more all the time. I'm hopeful this means there will be more entrepreneurship in the coming years (motivated young people working in close proximity).
Agreed! Coworking companies have a good network to get that spaced filled.

More ships at the port.

Philly Shipyard to build up to four new container-cargo ships

Quote:
The former Aker Philadelphia Shipyard, renamed in December 2015, said the vessels will provide work for 1,200 employees at the South Philadelphia facility through 2021.

The shipyard has ordered parts to begin construction and “is actively promoting the formation” of a new freight carrier to compete across the Pacific between Hawaii and the U.S. mainland.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:42 AM

14,169 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
I don't hate him. I don't think he's qualified for the job. And I'm a liberal leaning to very liberal as in being a social democrat. I'm gay which usually means one is automatically progressive.
(emphasis added)

Generally still true but no longer a safe assumption.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
(emphasis added)

Generally still true but no longer a safe assumption.
I know that. Sheesh. 'Course I'm waiting for you to finally admit to being a member of the Log Cabin Club.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:24 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,098 times
Quote:
I know that. Sheesh. 'Course I'm waiting for you to finally admit to being a member of the Log Cabin Club.
LOL! Thanks for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia