Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 07:12 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Beer hall is coming to University City as developer Brandywine looks to enliven its enclave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 07:27 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
15 changes Philly needs most in 2019 | Opinion

Thoughts?

Old 12-28-2018, 11:41 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
These lists are always ridiculous. Not reading it. Lol

Old 12-28-2018, 02:15 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
These lists are always ridiculous. Not reading it. Lol
For being very liberal Person who tells us so .... that is a narrow-minded view. Also the comments are very liberal minded in the link.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:05 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,869,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I'm with kyb01, although I glanced at it. More lists where people are quoting Meek Mill and making generalized statements. If they want to make a real difference, they'd be shining a light and investigating our City Counsel and Mayor for perpetuating poverty, violence, and the loss of business in the city.

Oh, btw, the "solving homelessness as something we can really do" made me laugh out loud. Stupid Inquirer.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I'm with kyb01, although I glanced at it. More lists where people are quoting Meek Mill and making generalized statements. If they want to make a real difference, they'd be shining a light and investigating our City Counsel and Mayor for perpetuating poverty, violence, and the loss of business in the city.

Oh, btw, the "solving homelessness as something we can really do" made me laugh out loud. Stupid Inquirer.
Meek Mill needs to be ignored. Just like Will Smith before him. Who cares? Well, tbh, no one should care about either one them.

The visible homeless problem here is NOTHING like it is in LA and San Francisco though.

Who is "they" wrt investigating Counsel? We don't have real investigative reporters here. The Inquirer is just a remnant of what it was. And pls, you all, stop making Inga Saffron someone we need to pay attention to.

You weren't around for the Street years, right? Wonder what your react would have been to that level of corruption.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:18 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,043,710 times
Quote:

In this case, don't shoot the messenger. Aim at the person who said that. This is one of those "we asked a bunch of people to opine" pieces.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Meek Mill needs to be ignored. Just like Will Smith before him. Who cares? Well, tbh, no one should care about either one them.

The visible homeless problem here is NOTHING like it is in LA and San Francisco though.

Who is "they" wrt investigating Counsel? We don't have real investigative reporters here. The Inquirer is just a remnant of what it was. And pls, you all, stop making Inga Saffron someone we need to pay attention to.

You weren't around for the Street years, right? Wonder what your react would have been to that level of corruption.
I think Inga has some pretty good opinions, but that's all her pieces are meant to be. Not sure why that makes you so mad. Especially since it's some of the best writing that happens in that rag called the Inquirer.

RE: Street Years - probably disgust. Not far off from my opinion of our city leaders now...

Old 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
In this case, don't shoot the messenger. Aim at the person who said that. This is one of those "we asked a bunch of people to opine" pieces.
If someone said, "I think we should collect all the dog crap from around the city and build a new elementary school out of it", and the Inquirer printed it, I'd blame the Inquirer.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I think Inga has some pretty good opinions, but that's all her pieces are meant to be. Not sure why that makes you so mad. Especially since it's some of the best writing that happens in that rag called the Inquirer.

RE: Street Years - probably disgust. Not far off from my opinion of our city leaders now...
Let's just say I've been "knowing" her a lot longer than you. She lacks actual architectural cred, imo. Folks can debate that of course. I don't like critics as a rule since so many of them are just talking but can at the same time wreck careers with their opinions. Film critics get more of my disgust though. They have more power than they disserve.

No, Street was worse. Kenney isn't in danger of being targeted by the FBI. Kenney isn't a criminal he just lacks imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia