Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2023, 12:21 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
23 projects to watch - Billions of dollars in new development will shape the region for years to come

Nothing that we haven't really talked about before. Hope to see the building behind the Mutter Museum break ground soon. One of the final surface parking lots on the south side of west market street
I trust Parkway Corp. will make that project happen. Western Market is becoming the place to be.

A few I am confused / nervous about...

1. 1706-10 Walnut - The NY developer is really small, I don't see how they can develop this project unless they team up with a larger developer.

2. Any project attached to Durst might as well be dead...

3. I'm skeptical the I-95 cap will start this year (but hopeful!).

Not mentioned that may start this year, 3001 JFK needs to start this year if the 2025 delivery is still accurate (red block building). Republic Properties is still pursuing their Life Sciences lab at 32nd & Arch, they are working with SEPTA on logistics, and Pearl Properties has a whole lot of projects in the pipeline, notably the Jewelers Row lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 08:54 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
yea, Pearl doesn't seem to normally sit on the lots they own so hopefully Jewelers row gets the love it deserves.

Old 02-07-2023, 11:41 AM

471 posts, read 272,281 times
New place in the Gayborhood - "The Hayes, a new gastropub by Chef Townsend Wentz, now open in Midtown Village" - https://www.phillyvoice.com/hayes-re...-philadelphia/

Old 02-07-2023, 10:19 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
New place in the Gayborhood - "The Hayes, a new gastropub by Chef Townsend Wentz, now open in Midtown Village" - https://www.phillyvoice.com/hayes-re...-philadelphia/
I spent many a Wednesday night after PGMC rehearsals eating there when it was The Irish Pub.

The food there was mediocre but cheap. This has to be an improvement, no matter what.

Maybe it's the season, but I see the name of the chef and I think of the Eagles.

Old 02-08-2023, 12:48 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
That's gonna be cute. Hope they outfit it nicely! It would be great if they could find period-appropriate gas pumps to go with it.
Yes, great idea.

Glad to see that slice of the past remaining somewhere.

Old 02-08-2023, 12:51 PM

So the new CHUBB hdqs building site (SW corner 20/Arch) is filling in with construction equipment etc. Expecting to see a formal groundbreaking soon.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
So the new CHUBB hdqs building site (SW corner 20/Arch) is filling in with construction equipment etc. Expecting to see a formal groundbreaking soon.

They already had it in December. The governor came and had a press conference. But very good news none the less.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
They already had it in December. The governor came and had a press conference. But very good news none the less.
Ha!...yes, makes sense now. Was wondering how they could do a groundbreaking ceremony with the site fenced off and full of equipment. I don't recall seeing the official groundbreaking or maybe seeing something but not putting it with the groundbreaking.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing this building going up, a parking lot going out, and the old filling station going elsewhere.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:13 AM

Some news on two of Philadelphia's gilded age mansions:

Glen Foerd:
An $850,000 grant will help more visitors enjoy the Delaware Riverfront at a historic mansion in NE Philly

Lynnewood Hall:
Historic Lynnewood Hall to be sold - Pottstown investors fund Gilded Age mansion’s preservation foundation

Nice to see some new preservation efforts on some amazing properties

Old 02-10-2023, 09:57 AM

471 posts, read 272,281 times
It was asked on the Philadelphia reddit sub where people see the city in 10 years: https://www.reddit.com/r/philadelphi...will/?sort=new

I thought that might be an interesting discussion to have here as well, if it's appropriate for this specific thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia