Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM

33 posts, read 70,804 times

Advertisements

Sunday night my husband and I will be in the area checking it out and driving by a few listed homes. Is there anywhere noteworthy we should eat? I love getting a meal in a town to get a sense of its character. It can be anything - casual, maybe a little more upscale, bar food, anything really.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 AM

434 posts, read 1,312,858 times
You have a TON of choices in Media. Please be sure to take a walk down State Street, which is where many of the shops & restaurants are located.

Here's a complete list of restaurants in Media borough: Search Results | Visit Media Pa

My favorites include Fellini's Cafe (BYOB Italian), Iron Hill Brewery (upscale American bar food), Shere-e-Punjab (BYOB Indian) and La Belle Epoque (French, though probably better for lunch). Azie ("international", also good for post-dinner drinks & chocolate fondue for dessert), Margaret Kuo's (Chinese/Japanese/Sushi) and Stephen's on State (upscale bar) are also good choices. Ariano opened pretty recently in a beautiful building if you're in the mood for fancy pizza.

Also, if you like a good beer menu be sure to stop into Quotations or visit the take out beer garden attached to Pinocchio's Pizza on Baltimore Pike (or, of course, Iron Hill Brewery).

If you ever have a chance to visit on a Wednesday in the summer, Media closes down State Street to cars and has "Dining Under the Stars." It's a popular event where the restaurants put tables outside on the sidewalks & in the street so you can dine al fresco. It's very nice.

Have fun!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 AM

33 posts, read 70,804 times
PhillyViaBoston - huge thanks. I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, we are also originally from Boston, coming to Philly after a 5 year stint in CT. We lived in Southie, Arlington, Somerville, Winchester.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
If you get there for breakfast, try the Countryside Market on Yale Ave in Swarthmore. Great lunches also. Not sure if they have dinner. I would definitely have dinner in Media but I am not a fan of chains. Two places that have been around since I was a child are the Towne House and Rose Tree Inn. Haven't been to either since I moved to Delaware 10 years ago, but I always like them.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
you will love media, great community for social life, and for a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: