Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,715,756 times

Advertisements

I live in Maryland about an hour and some change away from Philly. I visit Center City and South Street once every few months but thats about it. But I like the vibe of Philly a lot better than Baltimore or DC. DC is too suit-and-tie dressed up, conservative and snobby and lacks attractive women and Baltimore is super duper all-the-way hood and also lacks attractive women. Not being mean, I'm just calling it how I see it. Now Philly, on the other hand, has better looking women from what I've seen (this might not be the story for each and every corner of the city; I've been through some of the different parts of Philly and its not all the same everywhere). I also seem to get more nonverbal attention from a lot of women in Philly because I blend in a little bit better than Baltimore or DC because I'm mixed and because my swag and how I dress (these things aren't really cool in conservative DC). I enjoy the diversity and urbanity of Philly very much. I might move there one day soon if I get the opportunity. I'd like to visit some cool low-key bars that are in between the extremes that we have down here a few miles below the Mason-Dixon line in Maryland (f.y.i. I don't like clubs that much because I've gotten a little too old for that in my late 20's). Are there spots that exist for someone like me?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,898,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I live in Maryland about an hour and some change away from Philly. I visit Center City and South Street once every few months but thats about it. But I like the vibe of Philly a lot better than Baltimore or DC. DC is too suit-and-tie dressed up, conservative and snobby and lacks attractive women and Baltimore is super duper all-the-way hood and also lacks attractive women. Not being mean, I'm just calling it how I see it. Now Philly, on the other hand, has better looking women from what I've seen (this might not be the story for each and every corner of the city; I've been through some of the different parts of Philly and its not all the same everywhere). I also seem to get more nonverbal attention from a lot of women in Philly because I blend in a little bit better than Baltimore or DC because I'm mixed and because my swag and how I dress (these things aren't really cool in conservative DC). I enjoy the diversity and urbanity of Philly very much. I might move there one day soon if I get the opportunity. I'd like to visit some cool low-key bars that are in between the extremes that we have down here a few miles below the Mason-Dixon line in Maryland (f.y.i. I don't like clubs that much because I've gotten a little too old for that in my late 20's). Are there spots that exist for someone like me?

Thanks in advance.
Well since you haven't gotten a response in two days since you posted this is my suggestion. Take a look at Philadelphia City Paper Online there should be a few advertisements concerning bars, concerts, and bands playing in the city. Also look into googling Philly neighborhoods like Manyunk, Northern Liberties, Old City, Mt. Airy, U-City and you'll see what's going on in the city.

Lastly I'd highly suggest that you'd look up First Fridays in Old City at the local art galleries as well as various screenings and film festivals and you are surely able to meet some kool, hip, & artsy people from the metro who'll usually host various after parties and events and of course know where all the kool bars and area hot spots are jumping.

Hope this helps..

Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,828,358 times
what places do you like in baltimore? philly isnt a big club town either so maube thats why its more your speed.
you could check out north bowl innorthern liberties, catch a phils game at mcgillians (citys oldest bar) but youd probably have to.give more particular info to get better recomendations. mcgillians is near 13th st which has a lot of alternatives to hit up

Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 PM

59 posts, read 169,726 times
manayunk, old city (front & second), northern liberties/fishtown, rittenhouse sq

Old 08-13-2011, 09:40 AM

35 posts, read 71,662 times
South Street: very diverse, but that's where the flash mobbs attacks take place.
Cottman & Frankford in the Northeast: Mainly white but a few blacks; alot of bars
Old city and Northern Liberties; diverse but mainly the upper class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: