Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus215 View Post
there is no fracking near philadelphia, so don't worry about that. there is no polution from nuclear power plants either, so don't worry about that. in terms of earthquakes, we might get one you can actually feel every 50 years.
Actually fracking endangers Philly and New York's water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 AM

889 posts, read 2,574,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Actually fracking endangers Philly and New York's water
Maybe, but I don't think so. Philly's water comes from the Schuylkill River and the Delaware River (outlying suburbs get theirs from a mix of sources).

Any fracking chemicals in the Schuylkill will be drowned out by all the acid-mine drainage that is already carried by the Schuylkill from abandoned mines in the east central part of the state where the Schuylkill and it's tributaries originate.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
Maybe, but I don't think so. Philly's water comes from the Schuylkill River and the Delaware River (outlying suburbs get theirs from a mix of sources).

Any fracking chemicals in the Schuylkill will be drowned out by all the acid-mine drainage that is already carried by the Schuylkill from abandoned mines in the east central part of the state where the Schuylkill and it's tributaries originate.
You have that WRONG, Upper PA and New York's aquifer is being poisoned

Old 11-25-2011, 08:11 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowergirl View Post
Yeah, silly me. Maybe I should stay in "safe and sleepy Denver". The people are nicer here, too.

I'm a native Philadelphian, and as you know lived in the Denver area for several years before unfortunately moving back due to work. You're right, the people ARE nicer in the Denver area, not that there aren't nice people in Philly, but the northeast in general is more reserved (think snobby), harsh, Type A, and unforgiving.

However, PA is better than Jersey, NY, and all points north. If I had to pick the lesser of all evils in the N.E. it would be PA. The Nuke power, and fracking are the least of my concerns though. I am more concerned about the lack of affordable energy should these not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia