Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,288 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family and I will be moving to Bucks County from West Chester. Most likely, to Washington Crossing if all goes well on the house we have placed a bid on. I wanted to get a head-start on some of the research as I am unfamiliar with the area. I have a three year old and an infant. My three year old is currently in pre-school and I would like her to be able to start once we move. Could anyone offer any suggestions on a good preschool(s) that are not too far from Washington Crossing? Also, I wondered about a dance class for her, pediatrician, vet, primary care physician and a Mom's group. In addition, I wondered about a Catholic church. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
wonderful area. Council rock schools.. I grew up near there.. Good luck with the move

Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 PM

7 posts, read 18,997 times
I too am thinking of relocating to bucks cty. I am on the other side of spectrum, retired. I would be interested as to why your leaving Westchester. I know why I am hoping to leave L.I.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:24 PM

692 posts, read 2,350,664 times
There is a MOPS group at a local church in Yardley.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60highflyer View Post
I too am thinking of relocating to bucks cty. I am on the other side of spectrum, retired. I would be interested as to why your leaving Westchester. I know why I am hoping to leave L.I.
by LI do you mean long island? what do you expect to find in bucks that is different from LI?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 AM

303 posts, read 919,724 times
For the dance class only one place to look = NAC and for the kids DR look to Kids First w/CHOP. CR schools are good and thats all don't get too excited a lot of it is frills and realtor hipe, but they're are overrated 80% of the reputation is hipe. Not sure if Wash Xing schools are in CR. Yardley is good schools district not as good as CR but scandals in PROM last few years.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:19 AM

149 posts, read 324,032 times
Great area and great district. While I do think that CR, the district, has seen better days, thus resulting in being over-hyped, it is still an excellent district, one of the best in the area and the state. You also picked the right side of the district in Wash Xing. Since the High Schools split, there's definitely a different culture between the "North" kids (Wrightstown, Upper Makefield, & Newtown twp residents) and the "South" kids (Northampton twp). I personally think that North is going to retain its status while South may start slipping soon (by "slipping" I mean going from Excellent to Great, not good to bad).

As far as churches, I think Wash Xing is in St. Andrew's parish in Newtown (right across from CR North). Even if you're not, think about joining. Technically I currently live in St. Bede's parish in Holland, PA but my parents never liked it and we changed to St. Andrews. I think it's pretty good. I think it's the largest parish in the Archdiocese of Phila (and I also think the wealthiest). Tons of things to get involved with, very good community (though sometimes parishioners can get caught up in the game of "How can I look like the Best Catholic"). I'm actually getting married in the Main Church in June.

Otherwise Welcome! And good luck with the house. I would love to live in Wash Xing with the trails and the history. Great place to live.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Agreed on CR south Franky speaking, based on last years average SAT I think CR souths already got to be consider "good" (as in "not excellent").

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDragon View Post
Great area and great district. While I do think that CR, the district, has seen better days, thus resulting in being over-hyped, it is still an excellent district, one of the best in the area and the state. You also picked the right side of the district in Wash Xing. Since the High Schools split, there's definitely a different culture between the "North" kids (Wrightstown, Upper Makefield, & Newtown twp residents) and the "South" kids (Northampton twp). I personally think that North is going to retain its status while South may start slipping soon (by "slipping" I mean going from Excellent to Great, not good to bad).

As far as churches, I think Wash Xing is in St. Andrew's parish in Newtown (right across from CR North). Even if you're not, think about joining. Technically I currently live in St. Bede's parish in Holland, PA but my parents never liked it and we changed to St. Andrews. I think it's pretty good. I think it's the largest parish in the Archdiocese of Phila (and I also think the wealthiest). Tons of things to get involved with, very good community (though sometimes parishioners can get caught up in the game of "How can I look like the Best Catholic"). I'm actually getting married in the Main Church in June.

Otherwise Welcome! And good luck with the house. I would love to live in Wash Xing with the trails and the history. Great place to live.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 PM

43 posts, read 77,780 times
I live in Newtown PA for 11 years now. Went through Council Rock School district from Newtown Elementary, Newtown Middle, and Council Rock North. The school district is great and teacher are good too. Council Rock North is always ranked in the top 5 in the Philadelphia magazine. I would recommend going here to anyone who lives or moves to the area!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 AM

Councile Rock is a top rater, but don't get too carried away its got its downers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
I live in Newtown PA for 11 years now. Went through Council Rock School district from Newtown Elementary, Newtown Middle, and Council Rock North. The school district is great and teacher are good too. Council Rock North is always ranked in the top 5 in the Philadelphia magazine. I would recommend going here to anyone who lives or moves to the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia