Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
YES! 34 82.93%
NO! 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I thought the goal was to make a playoffs so you can compete for a SB? If coaches were judged on winning SB's people would be fired every year since only one coach can win the SB
But he has made the playoffs 8 times, made the NFC Championship game 4 times, and only made the Super Bowl once - which of course, they lost. It's not enough to just make it to the playoffs, you need to actually WIN too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM

958 posts, read 1,196,859 times
Quote:
And besides they haven't made the playoffs yet, they need a LOT OF HELP and need to WIN THEIR LAST TWO GAMES.
Unfortunately, this is probably true.

I was watching the Scott Van Pelt show today and one thing either Ryan Russillo or his co-host said (since SVP wasn't there) that made sense to me and put it exactly how I would like to was along the lines of "You can't do this every year. You can't keep squeaking into the playoffs and then win games on the road to get to the AFC Championship two years in a row. No team has ever done that before they did, and to do it a third time is unheard of. Eventually the formula stops working." That's not an exact quote of course.

Unfortunately, they were talking about the Jets. In the next or previous breath (forget which) they went on to praise Andy Reid and the Eagles, even though they've been doing the same thing they're scolding Rex Ryan and his team on.. for at least a decade now.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Quote:
I thought the goal was to make a playoffs so you can compete for a SB? If coaches were judged on winning SB's people would be fired every year since only one coach can win the SB
In other words, we could continue t fail for decades and youu wouldn't care.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
In other words, we could continue t fail for decades and youu wouldn't care.
I look at the big picture. The man has not had consecutive losing seasons since he has been here. After 1999, there was not another losing season until 2005, after 2005, 2007, after 2007 maybe 2011. So that is a good accomplishment in 13 years. To win the SB you need a great QB and some luck. Eagles don't have a great QB right now so it won't be happening

Old 12-20-2011, 09:46 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
I look at the big picture. The man has not had consecutive losing seasons since he has been here. After 1999, there was not another losing season until 2005, after 2005, 2007, after 2007 maybe 2011. So that is a good accomplishment in 13 years. To win the SB you need a great QB and some luck. Eagles don't have a great QB right now so it won't be happening
you don't need a great qb either

Old 12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
you don't need a great qb either
well you defintely need some luck

Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
If you look beyond the most basic numbers (wins), you'll see who's really responsible for all of those wins Andy takes so much credit for.

You'll also see that even with JJ, Andy Reid's record against teams at or above .500 is pitiful. You'll also see that he hasn't been so great since 2004. Somebody posted his record since then on this very thread.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
If you look beyond the most basic numbers (wins), you'll see who's really responsible for all of those wins Andy takes so much credit for.

You'll also see that even with JJ, Andy Reid's record against teams at or above .500 is pitiful. You'll also see that he hasn't been so great since 2004. Somebody posted his record since then on this very thread.
My point is winning the SB is not a easy thing to do

Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
My point is winning the SB is not a easy thing to do
True but most of us aren't judging him based on winning a Superbowl.

We're judging him on the completely unacceptable things he does every single year, the way he acts, every boneheaded play, every time he shoots his team in the foot.. all of it.

It is the definition of insanity.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
True but most of us aren't judging him based on winning a Superbowl.

We're judging him on the completely unacceptable things he does every single year, the way he acts, every boneheaded play, every time he shoots his team in the foot.. all of it.

It is the definition of insanity.
I agree with what you're saying, but I think all of that summarizes the fact that the man hasn't won one in 13 seasons.

If the man can't pull it off this year (which is a long shot), I think he should be canned. I don't know how anyone puts anything in stats if there's nothing to show for it.

I wanted McNabb canned 4 Seasons ago. after the 07' season, and watching Jeff Garcia do what he did--I simply knew McNabb just did not have it. I think the same can be said for Reid. After the the 2010 Season, everything was there for him to succeed. The chemistry, and personnel were as good as it has ever been. It was now or never in my book, but after this season, I've realized that the man just doesn't have it. I don't see why we need to toy around with a few more years with him in the driver's seat to see that it just doesn't work. We held onto McNabb for too long, and now we're doing the same with Reid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia