Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 10,426 times

Advertisements

You should move to Millbourne, PA. It is the only place in this USA with an Indian majority and is a short distance from Center City, Philadelphia.
Little India - Indian Majority

Old 12-10-2011, 04:18 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,988 times
I never knew until just now that Millbourne (0.07 sq miles!)was a separate municipality from Upper Darby. Interesting.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:06 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
I never knew until just now that Millbourne (0.07 sq miles!)was a separate municipality from Upper Darby. Interesting.
I go there every Wednesday for the lawl skool bowling league. Cute little main street, which is both separate and distinct from nearby 69th Street.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 AM

958 posts, read 1,198,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by z100 View Post
You should move to Millbourne, PA. It is the only place in this USA with an Indian majority and is a short distance from Center City, Philadelphia.
Little India - Indian Majority
Except it's smack dab in one of the worst areas outside of Philadelphia, and an area that is getting worse. Plus, it's in the UD School District.

Obviously I'm not saying it can't be a great place to live or that it's destined for the fate of the other townships/boroughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Yeah, it's weird. Clifton Heights is too but both municipalities go to UD district schools.

I remember somebody elsewhere referred to Delaware County's various municipalities as "The Balkan States". I thought it was quite fitting.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:25 PM

13 posts, read 24,435 times
I think Blue Bell is nice, North Wales is slightly better than Lansdale (I live in Lansdale).

Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guptars View Post
We are a family with 2 kids in grade school - we are in the IT field and are looking to relocate to western suburbs of philly from NJ side. Focus is good schools, nice neighborhood, reasonably priced nice homes (in 4-500k range) and good proportion of indian population as well as some indian shops etc. ....
Question to OP - so where did you finally buy your house? We are currently on the lookout for the same reasons...
Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 PM

17 posts, read 17,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scube1 View Post
Question to OP - so where did you finally buy your house? We are currently on the lookout for the same reasons...
Any help would be much appreciated!
So I am mving from Dallas ( Fam of 4)
need best schools ( elementary) , indian community ,grocery stores.

Please suggest as to where you end up moving.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:59 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,682,196 times
if you're looking for a delco area with a decent Indian population, I hear Secane is another good area where at least part of that area does not fall under the UD school district.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennKid View Post
Is there really any more greenfield construction going on in Chester County? If so, that's appalling, considering the hundreds of thousands of homes in older, respectable suburbs that are lying empty because of the foreclosure crisis. I'm not saying that everyone should move to a brownfield redevelopment in North Philly. But between Downingtown and City Line Ave. there are 20 miles of relatively affordable, older suburbs. Why can't people just leave the last bits of the Delaware Valley's farmland alone?
Yes, it is true, unfortunately. Toll Brothers, Pulte, and others are building all over in my area of north central Chester County. My Township had a CORRUPT township supervisor who took bribes, and enabled development of every piece of land that could be developed. He was eventually fired, but that damage was done. Of course my property, and real estate taxes have gone up exponentially over the years to allow for new school construction, and expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia