Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 AM

21 posts, read 34,748 times

Advertisements

My son is really into math and science and is interested in going to a summer camp with a math, science, and/or technology focus. We are located in the Swarthmore/Wallingford school district. We recently moved to the area so the only source of info I have is essentially Google. From my online research, the 3 camps that sound the most promising are:

1. Summer Institute for the Gifted, Summer Institute for the Gifted

2. id Tech camps, iD Tech Camps

3. emagination computer camps, Emagination Computer Camps - The Computer Camp for Kids Who Love Technology and Summer Camp Fun

All have campuses around the Bryn Mawr area. Does anyone have feedback on any of these camps? My understanding is some camps sound better on paper than they are in reality so recommendations are key. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times
How old is your son?

Have you look into CTY in Maryland as well.

Here is an organization I joined on the NJ side. Not sure if there is something similiar in PA. New Jersey Association For Gifted Children - Home Page

Lots of resources there.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM

21 posts, read 34,748 times
Hi sj08054 - My son is 9, and not quite ready for overnight camp so we are looking for local/commuter options. I have heard about CTY - my younger sister went to the summer program when she was in high school, and our neighbor's daughter went a few years ago....both found it to be a transformative experience. I'd love for my son to attend when he gets older.

Thanks for the link to the NJ Association for Gifted Children - it looks like PA has one too, so I'll check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia