Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:03 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times

Advertisements

This is just my opinion ... and I may be wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me if I am indeed wrong ... but it's my impression that many parts of Ridley Park, Sharon Hill, Glenolden, Collingdale are a little "low class" and trashy - sorta like a suburban residential trailer park. Not commenting on the crime statistics or school districts, just that I perceive a working class low quality vibe going on; a lot of uncouth people. I have one friend who lives near the MacDade Mall and another one on Bonsall Street in Sharon Hill and they are always complaining about their neighbors. Maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This is just my opinion ... and I may be wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me if I am indeed wrong ... but it's my impression that many parts of Ridley Park, Sharon Hill, Glenolden, Collingdale are a little "low class" and trashy - sorta like a suburban residential trailer park. Not commenting on the crime statistics or school districts, just that I perceive a working class low quality vibe going on; a lot of uncouth people. I have one friend who lives near the MacDade Mall and another one on Bonsall Street in Sharon Hill and they are always complaining about their neighbors. Maybe I'm wrong.
C.P. , Ridley Park is a tiny section of Ridley Township. Its a very pleasant little hamlet.

Sharon Hill and Collingdale are separate communities east of Ridley Township. Both have seen better days and both have the misfortune of their proximity to Darby and SW Philly.

Ridley Township is a solid working class/middle class community with good schools.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,394 times
Essington is a nice middle class town not to far down the road from the Boeing plant. Boeing is located on Rt.291 and so is Essington. it is basically right next to the delaware river. I know a few people that have rented one floor of a duplex there in the past and they really liked the area. Tinicum is adjacent to Essington and is also a decent place to live. Tinicum/Essington are very close to the Boeing plant and would make the commute a lot easier.
Also, if you google map "Woodlyn, PA" and zoom out a little bit I would stay to the right of Sellars Ave and also stay to the west side of I-95. I would look for a place to the west of I-95 between Swathmore ave (rt 320) an lincoln ave (rt 420)

Old 12-17-2013, 10:35 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
My grandfather made the commute from Havertown, pre-blue route. But obviously there are much closer places to live that are also perfectly nice, like Swarthmore, Wallingford, Media...

Old 12-18-2013, 12:18 AM

76 posts, read 203,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You are correct.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCdelco View Post
You are correct.
No.

Sharon Hill and Collingdale have nothing to do with Ridley Park.

Sharon Hill and Collingdale are separate high density urban like towns who have no affiliation with Ridley Park or Ridley Township..

median income in Ridley Park is $62,000. Ridley Township $55,000. Collingdale $47,000.

Ridley Park is a small section of Ridley Township.

Ridley Township is comprised of the following communities.

Crum Lynne
Folsom
Holmes
Leedom
Milmont Park
Secane
Woodlyn
Swarthmorewood
Morton
Ridley Park

Old 12-18-2013, 09:03 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Not to be technical, but Ridley Park is an independent Borough.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Not to be technical, but Ridley Park is an independent Borough.

Yes it is.

That's what I get for copy/pasting from wiki.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM

76 posts, read 203,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
No.

Sharon Hill and Collingdale have nothing to do with Ridley Park.

Sharon Hill and Collingdale are separate high density urban like towns who have no affiliation with Ridley Park or Ridley Township..

median income in Ridley Park is $62,000. Ridley Township $55,000. Collingdale $47,000.

Ridley Park is a small section of Ridley Township.

Ridley Township is comprised of the following communities.

Crum Lynne
Folsom
Holmes
Leedom
Milmont Park
Secane
Woodlyn
Swarthmorewood
Morton
Ridley Park
Related or not, Southeast Delco has a general reputation for being a bit "hard nosed" and "working class." This reputation has existed for decades. I'm not saying there are no good areas or nice houses, of course there are. But this is its general reputation nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia