Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 AM

1 posts, read 991 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is kpyadav. My husband and I will be coming to UPenn (Perelmen School of medicine) on 28th of this month. Initially they (upenn)promised a 1 week guest postdoc accommodation to us but now say that the guest rooms are booked until late April which is why we have to make our own arrangements. The area we would have to be is South Philly. We would want a temporary accommodation for a week initially, till we can search for the permanent apartment. Plz let me know if you could help us. thanks in advance. Any help in this regards would be great.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-14-2012 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: fixed typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpyadav View Post
Hi my name is kpyadav. My husband and I will be coming to UPenn (Perelmen School of medicine) on 28th of this month. Initially they (upenn)promised a 1 week guest postdoc accommodation to us but now say that the guest rooms are booked until late April which is why we have to make our own arrangements. The area we would have to be is South Philly. We would want a temporary accommodation for a week initially, till we can search for the permanent apartment. Plz let me know if you could help us. thanks in advance. Any help in this regards would be great.
For short-term accomodations, there aren't really any in South Philadelphia that are convenient. Within walking distance to Penn, there are both a Sheraton and Hilton for a hotel stay. Abundant hotels can be found over in Center City (downtown) as well; it would be a very quick commute to Penn via mass transit.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM

377 posts, read 667,177 times
I don't understand why you need to live in South Philly if working at the Medical School. Anyway, have you cosidered the International House: International House Philadelphia in University City? They have furnished private Rooms and Apartments between $100 - $200 / night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia