Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM

38 posts, read 80,146 times

Advertisements

I am planning on coming to Philadelphia. I am from Milwaukee and crime here has gotten so bad that people are actually moving to Chicago to get away from the crime in MKE!!! So can anyone compair Philly to Milwaukee for me, because I am pretty comfortable and feel safe here. But again, I know Milwaukee like the back of my hand unlike Philadelphia which I have never been too. If you would like to know a bit more of my story please read my thread... //www.city-data.com/forum/phila...ladelphia.html I am really looking for as much help as I can get. I'll take pros and cons. I just want to find my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

98 posts, read 215,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Philadelphia certainly has some bad areas mainly in North and West Philadelphia but that doesn't mean it doesn't have awesome areas as well like those in Center City, South Philadelphia, Lower North Philadelphia, University City and the surrounding areas in West Philadelphia, Northwest Philadelphia and Northeast Philadelphia.

Grade A posting, thanks for your insight.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,116,430 times
The core of the city is amazing and getting better all the time. The areas adjacent to the core are fast becoming part of the core itself and getting better all the time. Northwest Philly is also fantastic and getting better all the time. That being said, I think Frank often adds a necessary dose of strong medicine that this isn't the Emerald City. The formerly solid neighborhoods of the Northeast, home to hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens, are fraying. That's something to be alarmed about.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Frank, you know as well as I that most of that crime is concentrated away from the good areas. That is not to say that the city's current crime rate isn't problematic--it most certainly is--but a family living in Chestnut Hill, Fitler Square, Bella Vista, et al, won't really experience any of those issues.
I agree.. The good areas are just that.. All I'm saying is to be careful where you buy.. Do research.. Like any other city, if you buy in the wrong area its a nightmare.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I agree.. The good areas are just that.. All I'm saying is to be careful where you buy.. Do research.. Like any other city, if you buy in the wrong area its a nightmare.
While I hope you don't mean these three neighborhoods are the ONLY good areas... I do agree with the rest of this statement.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
While I hope you don't mean these three neighborhoods are the ONLY good areas... I do agree with the rest of this statement.

noooo. There are plenty of nice areas.. Just agreed with the ones named
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia