U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:44 PM

992 posts, read 3,288,450 times

Advertisements

Check out Cinnaminson.. we're adjacent to Moorestown! LOL.

Seriously though, the light rail makes a pretty easy commute downtown.

Driving, getting downtown from the north is a lot easier than anything involving 42 (from the southeast) or the West (anything involving 76/676).

I don't know where you're at pricewise, but for under 300 grand you should be able to get a 4 bd 2.5 bath spit level on .33 acres.

No real crime to speak of and good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM

26,454 posts, read 25,394,764 times
How about Collegeville or Skippack....which are both growing and marvelous little towns, Skippack is like a small New Hope with family activities going on all the time, plus all the wonderful resturants....shops....simply stunning little town....

http://www.bestofskippack.com/

Good Luck

Old 01-01-2008, 08:56 PM

8 posts, read 34,275 times
Hello,

It looks as if you received a pretty good responce. I live in Hatfield and one thing I like about Harleysville, Perkasie, Hatfield and Telford is that they are somewhat country but the malls and shopping and shops are within 5-10 minutes or less away. The area offers a lot of outdoor family concerts, tons of parks and you can get a reasonalby nice home in your price range. It is a very wholesome area.

I hope this helps. Contact me if I can help.

Thanks,

Tina

Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM

20 posts, read 97,007 times
Default We Hid the Liberty Bell!

Check out Quakertown, PA - you can get alot more house and alot more convenience than the other areas you mentioned. Quakertown is growing fast but has maintained a small-town charm with family values. Lots to do, many organizations, and convenient to everything (5 mins from turnpike, central to Doylestown, Allentown, Montgomeryville, easy commute to Philly.)

Excellent school system (Bucks schools are best) Amazing parks in the city and only 10 minutes from Lake Nockamixon State Park. Open space program means miles of nature for your enjoyment - most of the newer communities have bike paths, nature trails, parks areas, tot lots.

Huge girls softball organization(RASA), Soccer Club with very nice facilities, YMCA with indoor pool, nice Community Pool, Giant "Castle" kids park and tot lot.

Target, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, tons more right on the 309 strip and Montgomerville right down the road for shopping. But turn down a side street and you're in the country with rolling roads and farmland.

There are 4 bedroom, 2500+ sq ft gorgeous < 5 yr old homes on almost a half acre for less than $400K on the market right now in Quakertown. Same home is $500K+++ in the other areas.

Harleysville, Perkasie, and Skippack were secondary choices for us when we were looking - all very nice but Quakertown was better. I can't imagine raising my family anyplace else!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

18 posts, read 68,009 times
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE who has taken the time to tell me a little about their area, or an area they felt was worthy of mention. I wish I could use each of you as travel guides when I am up there truly looking : )

Phillie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or