Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 AM

857 posts, read 1,364,900 times

Advertisements

It was a great show, they got Lauryn?! wow. Take that tax evasion! But yeah..Philly needs to get this crime ish together..like really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 08:00 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,565,963 times
I never even bother with big events like that. You know something bad is going to happen when you throw a giant free rap concert in Philadelphia. Better to hunker down with the AC on, watch the fireworks on the tv, and wait for the ghetto tide to recede back to North Philly. Too bad we have to deal with Jay Z on Memorial Day. Hopefully after another spate of violence related to that event the city will stop throwing these idiot concerts.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 AM

802 posts, read 1,320,885 times
You won't catch me anywhere near the Parkway during the Jay Z concert. I'll either be out of town or stay in my neighborhood.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Good thing the Jay-Z concert is a ticketed event.... what does that mean?

$100 dollar tickets and up
MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

You won't see many ghetto rats there and even if they do come, I'm sure there will be loads of security, the concert will be gated off and anybody entering the concert will be patted down.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:45 AM

1,567 posts, read 3,115,318 times
Bottom line: A city with a questionable reputation that's trying to rejuvinate itself can't tolerate this sort of crap.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:43 PM

469 posts, read 924,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
Two shootings near the Parkway tonight - one of them by a cop shooting a suspect. I'm not surprised one bit.

Most of my posts are very positive about the city, but the roaches that come out of the woodwork on July 4th are just terrible. I LOVE fireworks, but based on last year stayed home this year. Based on these shootings I made the right decision.

Philly, I love you, but sometimes you really suck!!!!!!
I`M with you on this. I love Philly but I would not take my family nowhere near the parkway on July 4th.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 PM

469 posts, read 924,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Good thing the Jay-Z concert is a ticketed event.... what does that mean?

$100 dollar tickets and up
MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

You won't see many ghetto rats there and even if they do come, I'm sure there will be loads of security, the concert will be gated off and anybody entering the concert will be patted down.
There are a few things you have to worry about with this concert.
1 You are going to get clowns from Philly, NY,North Jersey and bad parts of DE.That is not a good mix.
2 The ones that can`t afford to get in. Will be hanging outside of the gate,waiting to start stuff when it is over.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
There are a few things you have to worry about with this concert.
1 You are going to get clowns from Philly, NY,North Jersey and bad parts of DE.That is not a good mix.
2 The ones that can`t afford to get in. Will be hanging outside of the gate,waiting to start stuff when it is over.
Even the kids starting stuff at the free concerts don't do it near the actual event. They're hanging out in their own cliques on the edges or roaming around downtown. I'd rather they just did a city wide thing of smaller themed events, and then do some fireworks on the parkway, maybe around 8 or 9. 11 is wayyyy to late for families coming in from out of town, really too late for anyone with young children. Especially in that heat.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 AM

147 posts, read 353,597 times
I actually chuckled at Mayor Nutter's response to the shooting Wednesday night.

"I'm not gonna let some little ******* 16-year-old who had a beef with somebody a month ago up in Germantown negatively impact the image of the city," Nutter said, adding that most of the people enjoying the festivities were unaware of the shootings.

The funny thing is, people are painting this like some guy took an AK-47 and sprayed down the Parkway.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:04 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Fourth of July Crime Roundup - Crimesider - CBS News

Seems we're not alone on this. In Chicago a mob attacked people watching a firework display in the River North neighborhood. 17 shootings throughout the night also left four dead.

In LA, a gunman walked up to a crowd watching a fireworks display and opened fire, killing a little girl and wounding 2 others.

People need to see this is going on all around the country, not just in Philadelphia. It could've been worse. This little 16 year old needs to go away for at least 25 years.... unfortunately we all know he'll be out in 5 on probation to commit another attempted murder shortly down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia