Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
So, if that unsourced estimate that you just provided is accurate, that's 1 in 10 of of the eligible population, or 10%. You also just explained that the eligible population is actually a smaller subset of the overall population (around 1/4, or 25%).
10% of 25% is 2.5%

Even using your numbers, to me, it seems that 2.5% is a far cry from "everyone". Soo, maybe you were exaggerating just a little?
well maybe .. Every one of the people I know do.. Then again none of the people I know drive Priusus and want to give the 'poor kid' a second chance and let him out of jail, if you know what I mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
???

Also, I didn't know that women could not get gun permits.
Did I say that? no

Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
well maybe .. Every one of the people I know do.. Then again none of the people I know drive Priusus and want to give the 'poor kid' a second chance and let him out of jail, if you know what I mean
Yes...I'm sure I know what you mean.
And as you've said before, "everyone you know" (or was it "all the good people"?) abandoned the city for the suburbs in recent years. So I guess South Jersey's full of SUV driving devout suburbanites cruising around packing heat to defend themselves against "poor kids"? Sounds like an even scarier place than I thought!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM

9,332 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
Mild compared to other countries! You are comparing the Philly crime to crime in other countries?
That says something in itself I think.

According to this website, and you must take all of these websites with a grain of salt, there are only 9% of the U.S. cities considered more dangerous than Philly.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I personally don't like the Philly area, but there are plenty of people that do. In my opinion it's mostly people that grew up in the area that really stick up for it. I think if you've lived other places, you will be disappointed.
The crime rate is ridiculous and Nutter is a clown.

2 stabbed in Center City last night.
I wouldn't like the Philly area either if I had to live in Cherry Hill.

Last edited by Yac; 07-18-2012 at 06:29 AM..

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM

469 posts, read 925,240 times
Quote:
where did that number come from then? And it it 38k total or 38k this tear? Cause the ccw's are rolling by the hundreds a month.. Like I said one in 10 have CCW's.. Very high. Maybe not among the liberals but everyone else has em
LOL, I have a gun permit.I have had one for over 15yrs. I`M far from anti gun , as a matter of fact.I`M for the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. Most of my co workers and family have no interest in carrying.When I made my post,it wasn`t because I was anti gun. I thought it was not right to have people thinking that everyone in Philly is packing. I would have felt the same way,if someone was posting that you could walk anywhere in the city and you will be safe. It`s just not true.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Quote:
Did I say that? no
You said, "Consider That all under 21 year olds are excluded as are most woman and most people over 70 or so, and all people who have any sort of criminal record"

So either you meant that women can't get permits or you don't consider them as part of the population. Thanks for clearing up your view on this - we can add women to your list.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Yes...I'm sure I know what you mean.
And as you've said before, "everyone you know" (or was it "all the good people"?) abandoned the city for the suburbs in recent years. So I guess South Jersey's full of SUV driving devout suburbanites cruising around packing heat to defend themselves against "poor kids"? Sounds like an even scarier place than I thought!
actually a lot went to Bucks/Montgomery/Chester counties too.. Actually few of them pack now, because they don't have to anymore

Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
LOL, I have a gun permit.I have had one for over 15yrs. I`M far from anti gun , as a matter of fact.I`M for the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. Most of my co workers and family have no interest in carrying.When I made my post,it wasn`t because I was anti gun. I thought it was not right to have people thinking that everyone in Philly is packing. I would have felt the same way,if someone was posting that you could walk anywhere in the city and you will be safe. It`s just not true.

my man, tintin! I had one for many years too in pa. You are right, not everyone has one but a *whole lotta* people in Philly do.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
You said, "Consider That all under 21 year olds are excluded as are most woman and most people over 70 or so, and all people who have any sort of criminal record"

So either you meant that women can't get permits or you don't consider them as part of the population. Thanks for clearing up your view on this - we can add women to your list.
what is hard to understand about the 2 words. "MOST WOMEN" ??..And how would you get "I didn't know that women could not get gun permits" from the two words "most Women"???? . that that means that most women would not carry a gun. Not all but an overwhelming majority would not. Just like most people over 70 aren't packing. Fact. Now was that hard to understand??

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM

9,332 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
what is hard to understand about the 2 words. "MOST WOMEN" ??..And how would you get "I didn't know that women could not get gun permits" from the two words "most Women"???? . that that means that most women would not carry a gun. Not all but an overwhelming majority would not. Just like most people over 70 aren't packing. Fact. Now was that hard to understand??
This is definitely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia