Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Fluid Nightclub
anyone kno this spot?
Haven't been there. I've heard of it though. It is right off of South Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
aight sons (and daughters), im comin this sat so recommend me some sh1t to do like if theres any things goin down on the weekend or what not, ill be stoppin in da holiday inn in old city so seems like close to erything
also, whats a place to get a bomb ass cheese steak?
btw, if anyone wan kick it, im down for wateva

Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,305 times
Quote:
Fluid Nightclub
anyone kno this spot?
been there more times than i can count. type of music/crowd depends on what type of event they're having. rich medina had a long-running friday night there a few years back called Afrorykan Vibe which would have the place packed wall to wall. The Fast Cheap & Out of Control party (rock/go-go) just ended its run there over the summer. They've also had weekly/monthly house, techno, drum&bass parties there as well. The place is on the smaller side (max occupancy around 150 maybe?) and it's really dark. Always good times, with a low-key vibe.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
aight sons (and daughters), im comin this sat so recommend me some sh1t to do like if theres any things goin down on the weekend or what not, ill be stoppin in da holiday inn in old city so seems like close to erything
also, whats a place to get a bomb ass cheese steak?
btw, if anyone wan kick it, im down for wateva
Diamond Kuts is at Walnut Room this Friday (12/14). She plays a lot of radio-friendly hip-hop/booty/party music. The venue has three more weeks until they close up shop and start rebranding themselves. Walnut Room is TINY (maybe 75ppl max??) and they really pack it in there. If you want something more underground, IllVibe Collective has thrown a ton of hiphop parties. Not quite sure off-hand what their schedule is this weekend though. You may wanna Google them. Another option: Ms54 is at Rumor this Friday as well, if you like the more club-type atmosphere. It's much bigger with three rooms of music. If you're still around this Sunday, I would advise checking out Silk City (Events for December, 2012 | Silk City Diner Bar & Lounge).

I know there's a crapton of events I'm missing, so feel free to post any other questions you have.

Enjoy your stay!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifear View Post
Diamond Kuts is at Walnut Room this Friday (12/14). She plays a lot of radio-friendly hip-hop/booty/party music. The venue has three more weeks until they close up shop and start rebranding themselves. Walnut Room is TINY (maybe 75ppl max??) and they really pack it in there. If you want something more underground, IllVibe Collective has thrown a ton of hiphop parties. Not quite sure off-hand what their schedule is this weekend though. You may wanna Google them. Another option: Ms54 is at Rumor this Friday as well, if you like the more club-type atmosphere. It's much bigger with three rooms of music. If you're still around this Sunday, I would advise checking out Silk City (Events for December, 2012 | Silk City Diner Bar & Lounge).

I know there's a crapton of events I'm missing, so feel free to post any other questions you have.

Enjoy your stay!
o thanks
actually i ma be comin on sat so i can only club on sat cuz i figured sat is always more poppin than fri, big club with three rooms seems kul, but i want a lot of rap sh1t tho like it doesnt need to be underground, but good party rap, not radio or RnB soft ass sh1t

Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
I'll have to try this place out.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggerAnna View Post
In another month or so, my BF and I will be visiting Philly for no more than 2 days (ideally one). The main focus are the historical sites (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc), but we're also interested in seeing the first historical neighborhoods or unique streets (are there any cobblestone streets?). I'm guessing the latter would entail some sort of walking tour (self or guided), right?

Besides jm02's suggestion of the Big Bus tour, can anyone else suggest some websites so I can plan our itinerary for one or two days?

Also, coffeehouse/shop suggestions would also be appreciated.
Old City Coffee.com

Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 PM

a must-do during the warmer months: dinner & movie al fresco at Bistro La Minette.

3/week they show a different french film (don't worry, they're subtitled) in the outdoor courtyard of their restaurant. you can order a dinner or just get a pitchet of their house wine and some apps.

Untitled Document

Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM

is south st like the main hub to walk around and do things on?

Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
is south st like the main hub to walk around and do things on?
15-20yrs ago it was. It's been taken over by teenage hooligans and clueless tourists, however (wow i sound old & jaded). I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out if you've never been though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia