Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I think it seems possible, this time. With Philadelphia being so very segregated there must be many divisions that are 100% African American. They didn't not vote for Romney, they just voted for Obama. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a lot of voter fraud in the past though. Investigations have proved that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
so you are saying that ALL blacks vote for a 1/2 black man for president just because of his skin color? Not because that they thought he was the best for the job?? Then all whites should have voted for Ronmey. Does that seem right? (or course not)
Irrespective of the specific reasons, exit polls show that ~93% of African Americans voted for Obama this election, and the ones that broke with the pack are overwhelmingly wealthy, which very few people in Philadelphia's near-100% black wards are.

Now, that's not to say that there couldn't have been any vote tampering going on. Sadly, such antics are not the exception, but the general norm in Philadelphia city politics, and some of the "people in charge," perhaps fearing that Pennsylvania could actually swing red, felt the need to "take matters into their own hands."

But even accepting an absolute "worst-case scenario," there's no way uncovering it would actually cover the 9% gap and tip the scales over to Romney's favor.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,867 times
Quote:
My district is democrat majority and Ronmey almost doubled Obama's votes. So there goes that theory
frank these districts are not dem majority districts. They are 100% dem districts. The inky tried to track down a single registered repub in a few of the districts and came up totally empty handed. Hopefully you can understand the difference between a district that trends slightly democratic to one that is ENTIRELY made up our dems.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
We are approaching mob rule under the disguise of democracy. Someone called it tyranny of minority. I think the electoral college was meant to somehow prevent it. The solution seems to be proportional allocation.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,567,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
We are approaching mob rule under the disguise of democracy. Someone called it tyranny of minority. I think the electoral college was meant to somehow prevent it. The solution seems to be proportional allocation.

I say we ditch the geographic apportionment entirely and just have a straight up popular vote. We can assign congress seats to each party proportional to their share of the popular vote.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
frank these districts are not dem majority districts. They are 100% dem districts. The inky tried to track down a single registered repub in a few of the districts and came up totally empty handed. Hopefully you can understand the difference between a district that trends slightly democratic to one that is ENTIRELY made up our dems.
I understand that.. BUT do ALL dems across the board vote Democratic no matter who the candidate is? As a Republican, I vote for the best candidate no matter what his backing is. This is the PERFECT reason to remove all party affiliation and jut have a person stand for what he does and the people vote for the best person. So if the dems put in mickey mouse, will ALL the dems in Philly will vote for him no matter what? wow..

Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
So if the dems put in mickey mouse, will ALL the dems in Philly will vote for him no matter what? wow..
Didn't it just happen?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
LOLOL I like you

Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,988 times
Quote:
I understand that.. BUT do ALL dems across the board vote Democratic no matter who the candidate is? As a Republican, I vote for the best candidate no matter what his backing is. This is the PERFECT reason to remove all party affiliation and jut have a person stand for what he does and the people vote for the best person. So if the dems put in mickey mouse, will ALL the dems in Philly will vote for him no matter what? wow..
In a tiny fraction of the voting districts in this past election, this is what happened. That is what it is - no more and no less. The city certainly has a well established democratic political machine, but "ALL dems across the board" do not do anything.

Creating straw men and then knocking them down is fun though.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM

469 posts, read 925,337 times
Quote:
so you are saying that ALL blacks vote for a 1/2 black man for president just because of his skin color? Not because that they thought he was the best for the job?? Then all whites should have voted for Ronmey. Does that seem right? (or course not)
LMAO! Since 1789,there have been only white presidents.Blacks could not vote until 1870.Hell, until 1964 some parts of the South were still blocking blacks from voting and you are really shocked that blacks voted for Obama? I love that now blacks should look at him as 1/2 black. I find it funny being of mix race myself.If I went to the wrong neighborhood growing up, I was called the N word(I would call it what it is,but I know my post would be taken down) not half black.
You said it doesn`t seem right.What I think doesn`t seem right is, If Obama was White,I really don`t think this thread would have been made.People are loosing their minds.
Florida man reportedly kills himself over Obama re-election, liberals spew hate - National Elections | Examiner.com
Woman runs over husband for not voting in US presidential election - Weird News - Digital Spy

Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,117,135 times
Quote:
I'd vote for Mickey Mouse over the teapartytheocraticaynrandpublican party any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia