Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,478 times

Advertisements

hello everyone wife and i are flying into PHL dec 7 from houston texas and going to Atlantic city. the hotel check in is at 4pm and we arrive at 10am so we want to make best of our day. from locals may i get some best recommendations please? whats the best place to get a Philly cheese stake? best mall or shopping places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM

932 posts, read 1,943,666 times
What do you like?

For sure, hit Reading Terminal Market for lunch. Independence Mall is nice if not a bit touristy. Rittenhouse Square is my favorite part of town. You should probably take a second to look at/walk through City Hall, the second tallest stone structure in the world and largest municipal building in the US. I hear the lobby at the Comcast Center is neat, though I haven't been. The Chart House is a great dinner destination.

I'd definitely focus your stay on Center City, it's compact and loaded with things to see. You can explore the other areas if you ever come back.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM

123 posts, read 291,372 times
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3-q4V9fiM

Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Nothing wrong witj seeing where the country was founded

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
What do you like?

For sure, hit Reading Terminal Market for lunch. Independence Mall is nice if not a bit touristy. Rittenhouse Square is my favorite part of town. You should probably take a second to look at/walk through City Hall, the second tallest stone structure in the world and largest municipal building in the US. I hear the lobby at the Comcast Center is neat, though I haven't been. The Chart House is a great dinner destination.

I'd definitely focus your stay on Center City, it's compact and loaded with things to see. You can explore the other areas if you ever come back.

all excellent ideas!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Old City and Independence Hall... Society Hill area and South Street... Rittenhouse Square area and Walnut Street....maybe Ben Franklin Parkway (Museum Mile) if you have time.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
The only really special shopping experience in Philadelphia is 25 miles west of downtown at the King of Prussia mall which is way out of your way. (Atlantic City has an area of outlet Stores in the center of town) In Philadelphia downtown (we call it Center City), Walnut Street from Broad St west to Rittenhouse Square is the premier shopping district with the fancy stores. For sure the Reading Terminal Market is a must see. If you want to spend the money a trolly tour you can pick up there will show you everything in a few hours and is well worth it.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Try Reading Terminal Market... for Cheesesteaks, try Jim's Steaks on South Street. For shopping, Walnut Street between Broad and 19th is the premier shopping street. Also, Chestnut from Broad to 19th including the Shops at Liberty Place at 17th and Chestnut and a pretty good sized Macy's at 13th and Market.

As Bryson said, King of Prussia Mall is the best shopping mall in the area, but since you do not have time for that, Walnut Street should suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia