Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,615,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I think who ever made that video is very talented. I am not understanding the criticisms. I particularly like the effect of bouncing up in the air like a ball and I am wondering how that was done. As for the subject, It could have been done to represent any city but this one is obviously all Philly including the 1st scene which is typical of current development patterns in many Philly exurbs.
Probably a crane lifting the camera up and down sped up, then cross edited with an aerial shot from a helicopter. If you look at the change from ground shots to aerial, it is not the same shot... it was definitely edited. Also, if you look at the ground shots of the "bouncing ball," the shots seem sped up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,790,823 times
Quote:
I think who ever made that video is very talented. I am not understanding the criticisms. I particularly like the effect of bouncing up in the air like a ball and I am wondering how that was done. As for the subject, It could have been done to represent any city but this one is obviously all Philly including the 1st scene which is typical of current development patterns in many Philly exurbs.

heres how they did it. It was a nice job. The farm shots were filmed in Montgomery county too

Colonel Blimp braves windy Philadelphia with a helicam for Passion Pit | The Location Guide

Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,343,192 times
It would be cool if we could figure out all of the locations they're filming from here. I'll start:

The opening suburb shot is from Newtown Square. (You can see the addresses on the mailboxes)
The farm shot is from Maple Acres Farms in Plymouth Meeting. (The hay trailer says "Maple Acres Farms".)
The forest shot with the bridge reminds me of the Forbidden Drive area of Fairmount Park, but I'd imagine that style of bridge exists in other parks too.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM

8,975 posts, read 21,064,360 times
Quote:
I have nothing against the special effects; I thought it was rather innovative. It may be that I just recognized the city neighborhoods easier than the more suburban areas.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,615,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
It would be cool if we could figure out all of the locations they're filming from here. I'll start:

The opening suburb shot is from Newtown Square. (You can see the addresses on the mailboxes)
The farm shot is from Maple Acres Farms in Plymouth Meeting. (The hay trailer says "Maple Acres Farms".)
The forest shot with the bridge reminds me of the Forbidden Drive area of Fairmount Park, but I'd imagine that style of bridge exists in other parks too.
well there are some shots from northern liberties and some from south Philly. obviously shots in downtown

Old 11-26-2012, 08:57 AM

2,933 posts, read 4,089,100 times
the real question here is why a Boston band is shooting their video in Philly?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM

932 posts, read 1,933,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
the real question here is why a Boston band is shooting their video in Philly?
Because Boston doesn't have much of a skyline and they wanted a skyline shot? Or perhaps Philly just had the ambiance that they wanted to convey with their video?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
Because Boston doesn't have much of a skyline and they wanted a skyline shot? Or perhaps Philly just had the ambiance that they wanted to convey with their video?
Boston's skyline is about what you'd expect from a city its size. I don't think it's small at all.
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...e-20061015.jpg

In reading the article it looks like they picked Philly because they wanted the look and feel of a "northeastern city" but a) Philly was cheaper and more accommodating and b) the skyline was "not iconic"

Maybe they thought Philly would have broader appeal because not many people (outside of Philly) would recognize it.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM

932 posts, read 1,933,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
In reading the article it looks like they picked Philly because they wanted the look and feel of a "northeastern city" but a) Philly was cheaper and more accommodating and b) the skyline was "not iconic"

Maybe they thought Philly would have broader appeal because not many people (outside of Philly) would recognize it.
what article?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
what article?
The one that was linked to up-thread in post #12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia