Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-14-2015, 02:06 PM
 
10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Reputation: 3984

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Yeah that Bloomies is easy to miss. Because it does not look like one of those big anchor stores we see in the suburbs from the outside.
But you can hardly miss it. If you are going North, it will be on the right side of the street.

Karen,
So I can see that your are more Ann Taylor mixed with Talbots and Land's End type of woman. Woth more neutral / earthly colors. Is that correct?
There are various website that sell clothings from Asia and they run smaller and are usually cheaper.
You can go to yesstyle.com.
Yes, alot of their stuff is girly girl, but there is a brand there called DANI LOVE. And the quality of the merchandise is better than some of the brands offered.
YESSTYLE: 'DANI LOVE' Search Results - All Products (Bestsellers) - Page 1 - Free Shipping on orders over US$*25

Just a suggestion.... I hope I do not really invade your personal turf. If I do, I apologize.
Nope, I don't mind you asking...

I like some of the stuff in Intermix and Vince. I can get away with some styles for younger women. I can wear skinny jeans because I am petite enough. People tend to be shocked when they find out how old I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2015, 04:55 PM
 
28 posts, read 28,361 times
Reputation: 12
Poster over at SSP confirms Target is moving in to the Brickstone development on Chestnut Street - 40,000sf space at $41/sf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 05:05 PM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Yes, I know the area. How long has it been there?! Tbh, I haven't been in SoHo in a couple of years. I was going to the Met, MOMA, Broadway shows, Lincoln Ctr...stuff in mid town and around Central Park.

It opened in 2004. Contrary to the Midtown store, the one is Soho focuses on a younger hipper demographic, and I definitely noticed that when I was there last weekend. Really cool store actually, different than the KoP and Midtown stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ersgomccoygo View Post
Poster over at SSP confirms Target is moving in to the Brickstone development on Chestnut Street - 40,000sf space at $41/sf.
If this is true it sounds like a Target Express based on the size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:06 AM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
The available retail space on the ground floor of AQ Rittenhouse on the 2100 block of Chestnut will be occupied by Jefferson Health. While I am happy that the space is occupied, I was hoping for a new restaurant or retail space.

Interested to see what happens with the ground floor of the Boyd Space
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 08:14 AM
 
17 posts, read 30,910 times
Reputation: 10
Anyone have access to the full article? Any real news in here or just stuff we already know?

Why Center City can?t plug into more than outlets - Philadelphia Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 08:26 AM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn00 View Post
Anyone have access to the full article? Any real news in here or just stuff we already know?

Why Center City can?t plug into more than outlets - Philadelphia Business Journal
I would love to read the whole thing, but its probably all speculation and the same old story we have heard over an over about how KoP and New York are close, and Philly is hasnt been taken seriously yet/is still in development stages, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 11:04 AM
 
10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Reputation: 3984
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I would love to read the whole thing, but its probably all speculation and the same old story we have heard over an over about how KoP and New York are close, and Philly is hasnt been taken seriously yet/is still in development stages, etc...
It begs the question: if Whole Foods can figure out that it needs a flagship-style store in CC, what is really going on with these other retailers? Why do they keep thinking that the city, especially Center City(and adjacent neighborhoods), doesn't have residents of financial means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Reputation: 10256
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
It begs the question: if Whole Foods can figure out that it needs a flagship-style store in CC, what is really going on with these other retailers? Why do they keep thinking that the city, especially Center City(and adjacent neighborhoods), doesn't have residents of financial means?
It goes back to what I've said previously. Incompetence.

If the ninnies who should be doing the reseach would use demographics for Center City, the surrounding neighborhoods, & suburbs in the tri-state area that are likely to provide shoppers, you get a whole different picture than whatever it is that they are doing. I suspect that they are just doing demographics for the city as a whole. I suspect that some of these people don't understand that a suburban mall doesn't prevent residents of a town from shopping in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 PM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
It goes back to what I've said previously. Incompetence.

If the ninnies who should be doing the reseach would use demographics for Center City, the surrounding neighborhoods, & suburbs in the tri-state area that are likely to provide shoppers, you get a whole different picture than whatever it is that they are doing. I suspect that they are just doing demographics for the city as a whole. I suspect that some of these people don't understand that a suburban mall doesn't prevent residents of a town from shopping in the city.
Especially a metro with over 6 million people, and a City Center whose income rates are now rivaling some of our upper middle class suburbs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Reputation: 10256
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Especially a metro with over 6 million people, and a City Center whose income rates are now rivaling some of our upper middle class suburbs...
Yup. I lived in Cherry Hill & shopped in Center City more often than the Cherry Hill Mall. I liked Bambergers but disliked Macys. I always preferred Strawbridge & Clothier in Center City to the stores at Cherry Hill & Echelon. I loved the Wanamaker store in Center City but the one at Moorestown was OK. I do admit that my preferences for Gimbels & Lits were not as strong, but I still preferred thr Center City stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top