Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 10:09 AM

9,314 posts, read 9,141,671 times

Advertisements

King of Prussia Mall expansion taking form

Big news people! It's not Philly but its KoP.

Expansion is going well and some new tenants include Clarins, CH Carolina Herrera, Robert Graham, Stuart Weitzman and Vince!
Herrera and Graham are are very high end designers, Clarins is a high end makeup boutique and its great to see Vince and Weitzman opening their 2nd PA locations, that means they are impressed with the area!

Also 5 of the malls luxury stores will be relocating into new flagship spaces! and it is likely that Stuart Weitzman and Vince will have larger spaces in KoP over their CC counterpart.
I'm excited to hear what else will be coming over the next few months.

But this doesn't really aid CC retail :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,627,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Expansion is going well and some new tenants include Clarins, CH Carolina Herrera, Robert Graham, Stuart Weitzman and Vince!
Herrera and Graham are are very high end designers, Clarins is a high end makeup boutique and its great to see Vince and Weitzman opening their 2nd PA locations, that means they are impressed with the area!

Also 5 of the malls luxury stores will be relocating into new flagship spaces! and it is likely that Stuart Weitzman and Vince will have larger spaces in KoP over their CC counterpart.

No, it doesn't. The project is massive. I went out there to kinda check things out. It was mistake because it just ended depressing me.

Everything about it is a huge "middle finger" to the city.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
No, it doesn't. The project is massive. I went out there to kinda check things out. It was mistake because it just ended depressing me.

I just get excited about new retail lol, as does asiandudeyo, but I think this may hinder the Market East development moreso than future retail on Walnut/Chestnut st.

I was out there 2 weeks ago as well.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:50 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,570,847 times
Quote:

I don't understand the hate towards KOP. I actually like going there, and I'm a huge lover of the city. I think it's a huge positive for the region to have all of these luxury high end stores coming. A healthy region can support both a good suburban and urban retail scene. KOP and Center City need to continue to grow side by side, not in competition with each other.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I don't understand the hate towards KOP. I actually like going there, and I'm a huge lover of the city. I think it's a huge positive for the region to have all of these luxury high end stores coming. A healthy region can support both a good suburban and urban retail scene. KOP and Center City need to continue to grow side by side, not in competition with each other.
I personally love KoP. It can be obnoxious with crowds, but I get excited to plan a saturday shopping trip there.

I just think its because people always see CC in the shadow of others, and some people don't like malls.
KoP has more wealth and more NYC caliber retail, and new high end retailers almost always opt for KoP over CC.

But given that KoP is at its strongest its ever been, and CC is still growing in all aspects, and even something as small as Stuart Weitzman and Vince opening 2 locations within 20 miles of one another is surely a positive sign for both retail markets!

Old 06-30-2015, 12:08 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,744,835 times
Quote:

I agree with you. It is depressing.
I was hoping that Vince and Stuart W. do not open there so that it gives us an advantage of something unique to the city.

I also agree with cpomp hat having two retail stores in the area show stronger demand in the region - that's something to be excited about. But still, I envision that CC will have something unique by herself.
Well, the retail diagonally across from Cheesecake building will be done by mid August per the announcement seen on the site. I wonder who is coming there....so far At & T is not confirmed again...

Old 06-30-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I just get excited about new retail lol, as does asiandudeyo, but I think this may hinder the Market East development moreso than future retail on Walnut/Chestnut st.

I was out there 2 weeks ago as well.
Sure one can get excited about it; I just hate where it's happening.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Sure one can get excited about it; I just hate where it's happening.
Who knows though, if these locations in KoP are successful, that may open up the retailers eyes on further expanding into the area. After KoP Center City is the next logical location.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
But our urban retail is not being fully exploited the way it should be, IMO.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:57 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,570,847 times
As Center City continues to improve the way it has been and gets wealthier and more popular, more and more high end retailers will come. Don't fret all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia