Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 10:48 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,781,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Its called "Sweet Green" its a healthy salad place. Similar to Honey Grow or Fuel on Walnut St. Penn has one too.

The remodel looks sleek, I just wish the building was 4+ stories, instead it has the height of a backyard shed.
Yes, it is Sweet Green.
I have no idea what was going on with me. LOL.
I found this more and more often (I hope it is not a bad sign) - that I would call something to be something else.

When I was posting about this, I actually had a thought that you would comment that it needs more heights. ha ha ;D

Speaking of other retailers, several things I noticed in the last couple weeks:
1. Brickstones Realty on Chestnut started putting walls. So excited! Soon we will see Target, with all its shiny new logo and whatnot.
2. OK I am not sure whether this should be in this forum. But Drexel's Kline (School of Law??) is taking over a building in a corner of Chestnut close to that Brickstone property. I saw the plywood walls were erected with sign "Drexel Kline". Anybody knows what's going on? And was that building empty before then?
3. Ex-COSI space on Walnut has found tenant according to the sign on the windows. Anybody knows what is it going to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 AM

14,395 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
2. OK I am not sure whether this should be in this forum. But Drexel's Kline (School of Law??) is taking over a building in a corner of Chestnut close to that Brickstone property. I saw the plywood walls were erected with sign "Drexel Kline". Anybody knows what's going on? And was that building empty before then?
That building was built in the mid-1920s as the home of the Beneficial Saving Fund Society, later Beneficial Savings Bank, now just Beneficial Bank (fsb). The office is now a branch on the corner diagonally opposite; Beneficial HQ is now in the old Penn Mutual HQ on Independence Square.

Those of you who recall the ad campaign for the bank's 160th anniversary in 2013 may recall that it's the only bank in the United States founded by a saint: Father (now Saint) John Neumann established the bank in 1853. It still has strong ties to the city's Catholic community.

The Thomas R. Kline School of Law at Drexel University is turning the building into its Trial Advocacy Center.

Quote:
3. Ex-COSI space on Walnut has found tenant according to the sign on the windows. Anybody knows what is it going to be?
Do you remember the name of the real estate firm that's shopping the space around? I may have a contact there.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:21 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Yes, it is Sweet Green.
I have no idea what was going on with me. LOL.
I found this more and more often (I hope it is not a bad sign) - that I would call something to be something else.

When I was posting about this, I actually had a thought that you would comment that it needs more heights. ha ha ;D

Speaking of other retailers, several things I noticed in the last couple weeks:
1. Brickstones Realty on Chestnut started putting walls. So excited! Soon we will see Target, with all its shiny new logo and whatnot.
Lululemon is moving there permanently. Next to Athleta, seems odd to me. That will open up the current lulu space for a future retailer.

Also, a large building on Chestnut St next to Sephora is for sale, 3 full floors and basement level. Perfect space for a home store.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketstel View Post
that building was built in the mid-1920s as the home of the beneficial saving fund society, later beneficial savings bank, now just beneficial bank (fsb). The office is now a branch on the corner diagonally opposite; beneficial hq is now in the old penn mutual hq on independence square.

Those of you who recall the ad campaign for the bank's 160th anniversary in 2013 may recall that it's the only bank in the united states founded by a saint: Father (now saint) john neumann established the bank in 1853. It still has strong ties to the city's catholic community.

The thomas r. Kline school of law at drexel university is turning the building into its trial advocacy center.

Do you remember the name of the real estate firm that's shopping the space around? I may have a contact there.
MSC.
Please let us know!

OH I responded to MarketSt before seeing cpomp's respond. So LuluLemon it is!
Do you know when they are slated to move?

That ex-Kenneth Cole space is quite large. I wonder who will occupy it. Please no more bank or cell phone company.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:46 AM

14,395 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Lululemon is moving there permanently. Next to Athleta, seems odd to me. That will open up the current lulu space for a future retailer.
My memory is fuzzy, but I think it and the former Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. building next door are now commonly owned. I've this vague notion that the one-story building that housed Lululemon is to be replaced by something taller.

Quote:
Also, a large building on Chestnut St next to Sephora is for sale, 3 full floors and basement level. Perfect space for a home store.
Time to start watching.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
My memory is fuzzy, but I think it and the former Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. building next door are now commonly owned. I've this vague notion that the one-story building that housed Lululemon is to be replaced by something taller.

Time to start watching.
If my memory serves me right, they will have an apartment building with retail underneath it.
And btw, that building is gone. Flat to the ground. And scaffolding had been erected between that empty lot and the building adjacent to it; the one that will become Under Armour.
When I saw it anytime I went home from work, the site were empty. No construction being done. But I am pretty sure those who work in the area can tell us whether there is some works being done during working hours.

Per my recollection, Under Armour will open in Spring 2016. This means that by then at least the building adjacent to it should be somewhat done for the first floor or something. This is considering that a retail secure a lease at that spot and it is permitted to have construction going on above while there is retail activity going on on the first floor.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Time to start watching.
You are correct. I think Pearl bought it. Under Armour is coming to the corner, and something like a 10 story building is replacing the original Lululemon store.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Hmmm I saw this on philly.com.

A La Mousse: Luxe desserts in Chinatown

Maybe I should try. I have been to Sakura and Spice. Both have nice interior architecture. In the case of Spice, they actually make the building look nicer.
I have to check this one out....
The only thing is that it is across the street from that traumatizing massage parlor.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM

Your First Look at the Brand New Lilly Pulitzer Store in King of Prussia - Shoppist

Not to bring up everyones favorites place again, but this would look great in say the current Lululemon space after they move. Wide glassy storefront with vibrant colors=success for Walnut St.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:17 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,827,312 times
Quote:
Your First Look at the Brand New Lilly Pulitzer Store in King of Prussia - Shoppist

Not to bring up everyones favorites place again, but this would look great in say the current Lululemon space after they move. Wide glassy storefront with vibrant colors=success for Walnut St.
Nothing at Lilly Pulitzer interests me because it's strickly "femme wear". Ick. But, agreed, a storefront like that on Walnut would be quite stunning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia