Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 10:19 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Speaking of retailers, I notice Walgreen's by the Gallery close down. Same with the McDonald's across the street from it.
The question is why do they close McDonalds?
I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 1100 Arch Street, corner of 11th Street. I see that the Wawa which was across the street from it in 2012 (the last time I stayed at the H.G.I.) is gone now. That sucks, becuase I wanted to stop in at one. I can stop at a 7-Eleven or CVS here in CT anytime. We don't have Wawa.

This was the construction I saw along Market Street near the Hard Rock Cafe, taken Friday, January 15, 2016:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 10:41 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 1100 Arch Street, corner of 11th Street. I see that the Wawa which was across the street from it in 2012 (the last time I stayed at the H.G.I.) is gone now. That sucks, becuase I wanted to stop in at one. I can stop at a 7-Eleven or CVS here in CT anytime. We don't have Wawa.

This was the construction I saw along Market Street near the Hard Rock Cafe, taken Friday, January 15, 2016:
Afaik there are only two Wawas in CC now. One across from the Comcast rear entrance on Arch St and the one at Broad and Walnut.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:02 PM

71 posts, read 58,461 times
Oh, another story about black people being loud, criminals, and everything else white people secretly view them as.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Having Faith in GA View Post
Oh, another story about black people being loud, criminals, and everything else white people secretly view them as.
Oh, another story about black people being loud, criminals, and everything else black people secretly view them as; who are you kidding?

Old 01-19-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Afaik there are only two Wawas in CC now. One across from the Comcast rear entrance on Arch St and the one at Broad and Walnut.
There is a WaWa in the 900 block of Walnut as well and one down in Headhouse Square.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:45 PM

Trust me, these skanks are out in force in Center City during the summer, esp to hit up white people for $$. Loved it when one tried to mix-it-up with this one white dude, ended up getting knocked out, laying in Walnut Street. Stopped traffic...hilarious and well deserved.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Having Faith in GA View Post
Btw, I don't view all black people as loud, criminals etc...just the ones I see being loud, criminals and, oh and this one...littering all over the friggin' city. At least the used diapers aren't on the sidewalks as much nor have I seen a baby being changed on a table in McDonald's in for a while either. So things may be improving.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Btw, I don't view all black people as loud, criminals etc...just the ones I see being loud, criminals and, oh and this one...littering all over the friggin' city. At least the used diapers aren't on the sidewalks as much nor have I seen a baby being changed on a table in McDonald's in for a while either. So things may be improving.
Well, thanks, since most blacks are not loud or criminals.

But.... what is preventing you from going into places that aren't going to "assault" you in this way? I haven't been in a McDonald's in about a decade. And, clearly, Wawa, isn't really getting my attention either since I didn't know about, or rather I ignored the other ones in CC.

I'm a coffee snob so it's worth it to me to go to Joe's, or La Colombe or Good Karma. Or the coffee joints in my neighborhood: Mugshots, OCH or Tela's Market.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Well, thanks, since most blacks are not loud or criminals.

But.... what is preventing you from going into places that aren't going to "assault" you in this way? I haven't been in a McDonald's in about a decade. And, clearly, Wawa, isn't really getting my attention either since I didn't know about, or rather I ignored the other ones in CC.

I'm a coffee snob so it's worth it to me to go to Joe's, or La Colombe or Good Karma. Or the coffee joints in my neighborhood: Mugshots, OCH or Tela's Market.
well, I was responding to the post of what all white people secretly think of all black people as being. Nothing is preventing me from going in anywhere but I do avoid the Starbucks at 12th/Walnut and don't like going into WaWa's new flagship store at Broad/Walnut.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I found it bizzare as well.
But that's what they decided.
It came as a shock to me last December.
I got the information from the regional manager, who is one of my close friend.
I am not sure about other suburban stores in another states aside of Cherry hills.
As I told cpomp, this was not their first attempt to infiltrate the suburban malls. They did it before in New Jersey malls. Failed. Closed all the stores.
They should had carry their SPRZ collections more in the suburban malls. I bet these shoppers from suburbs thought UNIQLO is bland as s*** when they came to their suburban stores.
Speaking of closings, I Goldberg is going to have to face moving from 13th and Chestnut t because of escalating rents. They need to think about moving to where lots of their shoppers actually live like Fishtown.

I wouldn't mind at all having that corner revert to a high end store like it used to be. And, I remember The Blum Store being there. It was great local women's boutique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia