Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 09:01 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,552,099 times

Advertisements

Mac Mart (my favorite food truck!) is getting a brick and mortar location and it's right around the corner from my office! So ridiculously excited for this!

Mac Mart: Mac-and-cheese eatery in Rittenhouse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:32 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,781,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Mac Mart (my favorite food truck!) is getting a brick and mortar location and it's right around the corner from my office! So ridiculously excited for this!

Mac Mart: Mac-and-cheese eatery in Rittenhouse
Hmm the article makes me hungry. Must try!
It reminds me of melt Kraft.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Today is the last day of BCBG Max Azria. The store in Walnut is closing for good.
Leaving yet another empty storefront and a renowned label in Rittenhouse Row.
This is especially painful since the store is anchored at the corner.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:21 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,827,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Anthropologie coming to KoP Mall expansion.

And Old Navy on Chestnut has signs in the window saying coming soon. Maybe summer/early fall opening?
Where on Chestnut? I've been back and forth on Chestnut looking for it?

Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 AM

8,701 posts, read 14,772,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Today is the last day of BCBG Max Azria. The store in Walnut is closing for good.
Seriously? That's unfortunate. I wonder why so many high-end retailers are leaving Philadelphia while the city only gets wealthier?

Old 04-24-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Yeah, it's worrisome. What is the retail landscape like nationally? You have you finger on that pulse. As more people focus on the GE in November how much are they going to be thinking about shopping?

Old 04-24-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Seriously? That's unfortunate. I wonder why so many high-end retailers are leaving Philadelphia while the city only gets wealthier?
KoP. What other reason is there? Most of the high-retail will be there for the foreseeable future no matter what you say about the growing wealth in CC. And inspite of that, Philly is still the poorest large city in the country.
The changing city demographics is not going to do anything about that fact anytime soon.

Not retail. But what happened to that rumor that Vanguard might move some staff to the city?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Where on Chestnut? I've been back and forth on Chestnut looking for it?
It is just beside Four Seasons. And if you miss Four Seasons since it is such a small store, which has good buffet food, it is on the right of UNIQLO.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Yeah, it's worrisome. What is the retail landscape like nationally? You have you finger on that pulse. As more people focus on the GE in November how much are they going to be thinking about shopping?
Well based on the trend overall of my clients, I observe the brand is actually declining.
It was an "IT" brand for a while. I actually informed some of my clients in Miami and Houston about the sale going on in our store. They were all like "meh...that's so 2004..."

Also per my observation, Philadelphia seem to be one of the first cities in which companies will ax their stores if something wrong going on with their companies. So this is an assumption at my end since I have no idea whether Max Azria's company is struggling or not. But if it does, it makes sense that they will close the Walnut store first among the first ones, while keeping other stores in another cities which are more profitable.
(On another note: PA in general is not the first state in which companies will dip their feet wet to test the water. But that's an entirely different subject).
This is another reason why I am a bit worried that it will take Under Armour until next year to occupy their space.
Under Armour, which will be located in front of the ex-BCBG's building, is also another "IT" brand.
It is enjoying its popularity and at its peak at the moment but who knows what will happen next year.

I personally think that Walnut should be occupied with steady classic brands. We have Talbots, Brooks Brothers and Polo Ralph Lauren. We need to have Burberry and Louis Vuitton back. And perhaps Valentino, Balenciaga and Dior.
Michael Kors is an "IT" brand that is declining so fast that I won't be shocked if they will close their Walnut store within 5 years.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
To be honest, it is not only Philly. But PA in general (except KOP which is an anomaly of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia