Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM

14,395 posts, read 9,315,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
There was a number of new hip and high end restaurants just announced last week too.

Finally made it to KoP Saturday after an almost 2 year hiatus. Seeing the massive crowds and well-to-do clientele, there shouldn't be any question why all of the high end retailers are lining up there and not here.
Anthropologie isn't THAT high end - and it's already on Rittenhouse Square, a few doors down from Barneys New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 06:02 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,827,312 times
Quote:
Restaurants to take major role at rehabbed Gallery, Macerich CEO says

This article isn't very informative, but I am losing hope in the Gallery project. The chance to really boost the Philly retail scene is dwindling. I hope the development across the street brings in something exciting.
The comments wrt the article are absolutely on point.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:27 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Anthropologie isn't THAT high end - and it's already on Rittenhouse Square, a few doors down from Barneys New York.
No its not, but what Urban Outfitters plans to do is cluster all of its brands together in the mall.
Urban Outfitters to cluster its brands at King of Prussia Mall - philly-archives

There is already an Anthro in Wayne like 15 minutes from the mall, probably why it took so long for a location to come to KoP.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:43 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,772,056 times
Altar'd State and Nic+Zoe are coming to King of Prussia.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:28 AM

14,395 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
The comments wrt the article are absolutely on point.
Not all of them, not quite.

The fleecing-of-the-taxpayers comments are probably close to the mark, but the people who commented on the RTM mischaracterized it (except for the "crowded" part).

And there was one pretty bigoted comment about the poor folks. Did you read its last sentence?

I'm also pretty sure we can find similar examples of fleecing in those "top-tier cities" as well. I suspect the commenter who posted that remark failed to note that all of them are insanely expensive places to live, at least as far as housing is concerned, and housing is a major component of the cost of living.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:58 PM

39 posts, read 40,806 times
Quote:

The fleecing-of-the-taxpayers comments are probably close to the mark, but the people who commented on the RTM mischaracterized it (except for the "crowded" part).

And there was one pretty bigoted comment about the poor folks. Did you read its last sentence?
I was going to say, there's one commentator on that article (initials "jj") who was a pretty loathsome Philly hater.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:23 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Rag & Bone debuts on high-priced Walnut Street

Finally something to brag about. Rag & Bone taking over the former BCBG space! First Philly area location too.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:

I'm also pretty sure we can find similar examples of fleecing in those "top-tier cities" as well. I suspect the commenter who posted that remark failed to note that all of them are insanely expensive places to live, at least as far as housing is concerned, and housing is a major component of the cost of living.
I probably missed a bunch of comments particularly the bigoted person. Usually I skip comments on there because there are SO MANY trolls.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Finally something to brag about. Rag & Bone taking over the former BCBG space! First Philly area location too.
Yea! I just read about that. Makes me feel much better.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:42 AM

8,701 posts, read 14,772,056 times
Quote:

This is great! So we're having Rag & Bone, Under Armour flagship, Warby Parker, and Bonobos all opening within a block of each other? The future of Walnut Street is looking bright again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia