Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 12:54 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,827,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
So Burberry, Gucci, and Hermes in KoP are all in the process of moving into their new flagship spots, so that will leave 3 prime spaces open in addition to about a dozen remaining spots in the new expansion, which will all likely be high/super high end retailers.

So I am wondering at what point will the mall become too saturated with luxury retailers, or if that is even possible?
Given that a lot of New Yorkers seem to be making the leap to Philly, I think it will be fine. I swear I'm seeing just as many NY license plates as I do from NJ.

We got a wave of New Yorkers after 9/11 and another wave seems to be happening now. Many of them are being priced out of NY but are still pretty affluent by Philly standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 07:24 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,772,056 times
Landing Gear and Official Unlimited are coming to KOP Mall. Official Unlimited is a Philly based store which is pretty cool.

Store Directory For King of Prussia® Sorted By ALL - A Shopping Center In King of Prussia, PA 19406-2937 - A Simon Property

Old 08-18-2016, 06:39 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,577,841 times
I haven't been to Philadelphia since mid-January. Just wanted a quick update, if that's OK?

Is any part of the Gallery Mall still open? I'm guessing the Nuts Plus store at street level is gone, because they don't show up on the state lottery's search for "Where To Play" (I often bought scratch tickets there).

How is the building project on the southern side of Market Street coming along? I know it was just east of City Hall.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:05 AM

14,396 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
I haven't been to Philadelphia since mid-January. Just wanted a quick update, if that's OK?

Is any part of the Gallery Mall still open? I'm guessing the Nuts Plus store at street level is gone, because they don't show up on the state lottery's search for "Where To Play" (I often bought scratch tickets there).

How is the building project on the southern side of Market Street coming along? I know it was just east of City Hall.
Only Century 21 and some of the stores in Gallery II (specifically, the food vendors on the lower level, Old Navy and Burlington Coat Factory) are open. The state budget impasse last year stalled the flow of state funds expected to push the Gallery remake along, and work on the conversion is currently stalled.

East Market is rising nicely. It's in the 1100 block. The first tenant of the development, MOM's Organic Market at 34 S. 11th, will open this fall.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:35 AM

8,701 posts, read 14,772,056 times
Novesa London is coming to KOP mall.

Store Directory For King of Prussia® Sorted By ALL - A Shopping Center In King of Prussia, PA 19406-2937 - A Simon Property

Here is the full list of mid to high-range retailers that are coming or have opened in KOP in the past year:

Altar'd State
Anthropologie
BoConcept
Bonobos
Bottega Veneta
Carolina Herrera
Calligaris
Clarins
COS
Diane Von Furstenberg
Fendi
Jimmy Choo
Landing Gear
Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams
MCM
Nic+Zoe
Official Unlimited
Oliver Peoples
Primark
Rag & Bone
Robert Graham
Shinola Detroit
St. John
Stuart Weitzman
Super Dry
Vince

This doesn't include a few others like Allen Edmonds, which have not been "officially" announced yet.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:42 AM

377 posts, read 477,936 times
Unless the US stores are different Primark definitely doesn't belong on that list. It borders on hilariously inexpensive until you think/read about why their clothes are so cheap.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:19 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Novesa London is coming to KOP mall.

Here is the full list of mid to high-range retailers that are coming or have opened in KOP in the past year:

Altar'd State
Anthropologie
BoConcept
Bonobos
Bottega Veneta
Carolina Herrera
Calligaris
Clarins
COS
Diane Von Furstenberg
Fendi
Jimmy Choo
Landing Gear
Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams
MCM
Nic+Zoe
Official Unlimited
Oliver Peoples
Primark
Rag & Bone
Robert Graham
Shinola Detroit
St. John
Stuart Weitzman
Super Dry
Vince

This doesn't include a few others like Allen Edmonds, which have not been "officially" announced yet.

You also have Burberry, LV, Hermes, and David Yurman that have expanded to flagships. I like to point that out because there are only a handful of those in the nation.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:36 PM

377 posts, read 669,888 times
Quote:
Considering the only current US locations are NYC, Miami, and Bevely Hills I would be shocked is CC was his next stop. KoP would be the obvious choice, I don't think CC is quite there yet....
We're really not talking BIG space here. Philipp Plein's Madison Ave Store is only 1700 Sq Feet (Total) with a tiny (< 25 Foot) Frontage. Their strategy seems to be very small Brick and Mortar, to support primary on-line sales.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:45 PM

312 posts, read 270,343 times
Quote:
You also have Burberry, LV, Hermes, and David Yurman that have expanded to flagships. I like to point that out because there are only a handful of those in the nation.
I know what a flagship store is. But what qualified these stores to be "flagships?" Wouldn't high end companies like the ones listed above want to have their US flagship stores in NYC or Beverly Hills? I think its great they are opening flagship stores but why at KOP?

Old 08-21-2016, 03:39 PM

14,396 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I know what a flagship store is. But what qualified these stores to be "flagships?" Wouldn't high end companies like the ones listed above want to have their US flagship stores in NYC or Beverly Hills? I think its great they are opening flagship stores but why at KOP?
Traffic at the mall. It's the largest on the East Coast (and in the country for now until a planned Mall of America expansion is completed) and a draw for luxury shoppers beyond the region. There's no similar concentration of luxury retail on this coast outside NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia