Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,744,835 times

Advertisements

I think I am just going to answer my question. According to phillychitchat, Anne Klein is closed for good. Apparently, it does not give Philadelphia a chance that there is indeed a market for its lady's merchandise. Or it could be perhaps the high rental price?
Well either way, it seems that now Stuart Weitzman will try their luck and opening a store replacing Anne Klein?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 01:59 AM

13,880 posts, read 8,706,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I think I am just going to answer my question. According to phillychitchat, Anne Klein is closed for good. Apparently, it does not give Philadelphia a chance that there is indeed a market for its lady's merchandise. Or it could be perhaps the high rental price?
Well either way, it seems that now Stuart Weitzman will try their luck and opening a store replacing Anne Klein?
IIRC, Jones Apparel Group has held the lease on that space for quite some time now; that had previously been a Jones New York store. Anne Klein is part of Bristol-based Jones Apparel Group's stable of brands, as is Jones New York. I'm not sure which of those two labels was the higher-end line.

Stuart Weitzman is another Jones line, so it looks to me like the company is simply trying to find the right line to put into that space.

Actually, looking at the description of the apparel and shoe lines on the company Website, Jones is trying something upscale now: Anne Klein and Jones New York are both "better classic" lines while Stuart Weitzman is one of their "designer" labels.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:34 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,570,847 times
Apparently Tony Luke's, Panera Bread, and Urban Outfitters will all be opening up shop in the new retail portion of Temple University's Morgan Hall along Broad Street. This will be the third Urban Outfitters within city limits.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Maybe they couldn't afford the rent. But yes, Stuart Weitzman seems to be moving in. Maybe Anne Klein will move to Chestnut for cheaper rents?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM

9,314 posts, read 9,141,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Maybe they couldn't afford the rent. But yes, Stuart Weitzman seems to be moving in. Maybe Anne Klein will move to Chestnut for cheaper rents?
Official Stuart Weitzman will be replacing Anne Klein. Though it is alarming that Anne Klein did not last a year, Stuart Weitzman is a stop further in the upscale direction, hopefully this store will perform like its King of Prussia counterpart.

Stuart Weitzman is coming to Rittenhouse

Ulta ready to open

Ulta Beauty on Walnut Street announces opening date

Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,548,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Official Stuart Weitzman will be replacing Anne Klein. Though it is alarming that Anne Klein did not last a year, Stuart Weitzman is a stop further in the upscale direction, hopefully this store will perform like its King of Prussia counterpart.

Stuart Weitzman is coming to Rittenhouse

Ulta ready to open

Ulta Beauty on Walnut Street announces opening date
Anne Klein and Stuart Weitzman are owned by the same group. They're just replacing one store with another they think will perform better there.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 AM

9,314 posts, read 9,141,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
Anne Klein and Stuart Weitzman are owned by the same group. They're just replacing one store with another they think will perform better there.

Im aware of that, just saying Stuart Weitzman is more upscale. Just like how Banana Republic is the fancy version of Gap.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Apparently Tony Luke's, Panera Bread, and Urban Outfitters will all be opening up shop in the new retail portion of Temple University's Morgan Hall along Broad Street. This will be the third Urban Outfitters within city limits.
Oh this is awesome!
Are they moving in as soon as the grand opening of the hall on July 2013?
Once that happens, I hope the development will "bleed" south on Broad Street, closing some blighted area in between.

Addendum: I also checked on the pamphlet. It looks like aside of Panera, they will have:
another Starbucks
SOuthSideDiner & Bakery
Broad Street BBQ
Cafe Spice (Pan Asian American cafe)

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 05-21-2013 at 02:00 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Im aware of that, just saying Stuart Weitzman is more upscale. Just like how Banana Republic is the fancy version of Gap.
I agree with you.
Anne Klein is geared more toward "classy" old ladies (translate: boring). While Stuart Weitzman is more geared toward "supermodel and fashion"-y types. Although Talbots on the same block seems to be doing just fine.
Just like what Summersm said, I hope maybe Anne Klein will go somewhere on Chestnut. How about that empty building by Boyd's?

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 05-21-2013 at 02:01 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Oh this is awesome!
Are they moving in as soon as the grand opening of the hall on July 2013?
Once that happens, I hope the development will "bleed" south on Broad Street, closing some blighted area in between.

Addendum: I also checked on the pamphlet. It looks like aside of Panera, they will have:
another Starbucks
SOuthSideDiner & Bakery
Broad Street BBQ
Cafe Spice (Pan Asian American cafe)
Awesome! This place is going to be amazing. Wish I still attended Temple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia