Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 08:33 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,323,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
That is correct. I am exaggerating it a bit; but one can always hope (that it's getting to that direction) right? It is always nice to just walk couple blocks to go shopping :P (for me at least).
Yeah take a picture! I will try to check it out tomorrow....and I will try to snap one or two pictures.
Camper is open! I didnt get any pics, but I did go in to check it out. Its a small store, but they had a lot of shoes out. I spoke to the sales lady, she said they opened 2 weeks ago and business has been steady so that is a good sign, Allen Edmonds next door was very busy also. Also noticed the construction going on for the new Theory and Madewell stores on Walnut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Camper is open! I didnt get any pics, but I did go in to check it out. Its a small store, but they had a lot of shoes out. I spoke to the sales lady, she said they opened 2 weeks ago and business has been steady so that is a good sign, Allen Edmonds next door was very busy also. Also noticed the construction going on for the new Theory and Madewell stores on Walnut.
I also went there on Saturday.
The exterior is rather...bland...Nothing attractive about it.
I will post the picture tomorrow.
I am glad they have steady customers. The style of the shoes are rather bland as well. But as what I heard, they are super comfortable.

The interior is also not that attractive but look clean in my opinion.
But one thing I like about it is that they keep the window clear with no major decals. And it is very inviting.
Back then when they had Scoop De Ville, the window looked tacky with all those ice cream ads.

Also another thing I forgot to mention: HARD rock Cafe on Market East finally has those outdoor seating facing Market East!
And they are permanent! This is good since it further shoo the homeless on that spot away! Plus it creates more interaction between the cafe and the street.
PIcture will follow tomorrow...or rather,,,in couple hours.,..

Old 10-20-2013, 04:14 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
October updates!

-Madewell is officially open.

-Theory is under construction.

-Nordstrom Rack is officially coming to 17th and Chestnut in the old Daffy's building.

-Uniqlo and Cheesecake factory are officialy coming to 15th and Walnut in a new construction glass building. The lowrises there now will be demo'd. Interior demo work is underway now.

-Scotch & Soda is coming.

-Forever 21 is searching for space.

-American Eagle is searching for space.

-Bloomingdale's is searching for space.

-Arden B. is looking for another space.

-Urban Outfitters is possibly opening in Morgan Hall on Temple's campus at the corner of Broad and Cecil B. Moore.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
October updates!

-Madewell is officially open.

-Theory is under construction.

-Nordstrom Rack is officially coming to 17th and Chestnut in the old Daffy's building.

-Uniqlo and Cheesecake factory are officialy coming to 15th and Walnut in a new construction glass building. The lowrises there now will be demo'd. Interior demo work is underway now.

-Scotch & Soda is coming.

-Forever 21 is searching for space.

-American Eagle is searching for space.

-Bloomingdale's is searching for space.

-Arden B. is looking for another space.

-Urban Outfitters is possibly opening in Morgan Hall on Temple's campus at the corner of Broad and Cecil B. Moore.

American Eagle already confirmed for 1700 block of Chestnut street in old Victoria Secret Space.

Uniqlo I believe is confirmed to be setting up shop at 1608 Chestnut Street in where the Art Institute used to be???

Where is Scotch and Soda going? I knew they were looking but I did not know they finalized a space.

I still hope for a Bloomingdales!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:48 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Confirmed: Uniqlo will open on Chestnut Street in Spring or Summer of 2014

CONFIRMED: Uniqlo Is Definitely Coming To Chestnut Street | Shoppist

Old 11-20-2013, 09:51 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,859,955 times
^
Yesss!

Old 11-23-2013, 12:00 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,043,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Confirmed: Uniqlo will open on Chestnut Street in Spring or Summer of 2014

CONFIRMED: Uniqlo Is Definitely Coming To Chestnut Street | Shoppist
What I'd like to know now is:

What happened to that building at 15th and Walnut Uniqlo was supposed to occupy?

Nothing's happened at that site since the existing buildings were vacated.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,053 times
I wish Boscov's would open somewhere downtown.

God forbid I say something negative on here, but Center City needs more retail clothing stores that are for people over 35. A majority of those opening sell clothes that are for the 20's to 30's demographic. Bloomingdales is nice but they are expensive.

That Cheesecake Factory is going to look horrendous. Glass ugliness among the older buildings on Walnut.........ugh.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
I wish Boscov's would open somewhere downtown.

God forbid I say something negative on here, but Center City needs more retail clothing stores that are for people over 35. A majority of those opening sell clothes that are for the 20's to 30's demographic. Bloomingdales is nice but they are expensive.
Center City Philadelphia needs more high end options... I actually think a Boscovs and Bloomingdales together would be great. If Boscovs had the money or interest to open a center city location, it would certainly have a more upscale vibe, but good prices, similar to the Macys.. That would be a solid new anchor tenant for the gallery. And a Bloomingdales is very high end, but not quite as outrageous as Neiman Marcus or Saks, therefore I think Philadelphia at this point can support a Bloomingdales, maybe in a few years if the city keeps improving, it could support a Saks Fifth Avenue.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:56 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,053 times
I would appreciate knowing why the entire 2nd paragraph of my post was deleted. I did not say anything offensive or insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia