Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 11:40 PM

14,206 posts, read 22,880,339 times

Advertisements

Ain't nothing wrong with K-Mart. I got a whole bunch of big t-shirts and cotton shorts to sleep in for about $5 apiece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 PM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Walnut St.'s Wok closing to become boutique

Calypso St. Barth boutique coming to Walnut St moving to the former Wok restaurant.

And Preit released some details stating that they have taken the route of not looking for a single large anchor store. They plan to break the former Kmart space into several smaller stores. So Target and Bloomingdales hopefully will end up elsewhere in the city (not that Bloomingdales would have made any sense in the Gallery to begin with)

Old 02-22-2014, 07:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,295,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Walnut St.'s Wok closing to become boutique

Calypso St. Barth boutique coming to Walnut St moving to the former Wok restaurant.

And Preit released some details stating that they have taken the route of not looking for a single large anchor store. They plan to break the former Kmart space into several smaller stores. So Target and Bloomingdales hopefully will end up elsewhere in the city (not that Bloomingdales would have made any sense in the Gallery to begin with)

I thought I read that Target couldn't come into Philly because of the large footprint they require? Not sure if that's true though. There's a Target in Midtown Atlanta so why not at the Gallery as well?

Old 02-22-2014, 07:37 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,035,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I thought I read that Target couldn't come into Philly because of the large footprint they require? Not sure if that's true though. There's a Target in Midtown Atlanta so why not at the Gallery as well?
there are already multiple targets in Philadelphia. None in center city however

Old 02-23-2014, 12:03 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,295,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
there are already multiple targets in Philadelphia. None in center city however
I know but they have a larger area to work with. Would the area at the Gallery be large enough if they are already parsing it out for other stores?

Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I know but they have a larger area to work with. Would the area at the Gallery be large enough if they are already parsing it out for other stores?
It would have to be the BurLington coat factory space... in which case yes. Looking simply at square ft that location has to have more space than the south Philly target. I've seen split level targets before as well so I don't really think there are any physical barriers. There is the whole issue of parking and stuff like that however so it's still anyone's guess if they would actually come.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 PM

So it looks like this gallery redevelop is actually happening. Huge news although I'll believe it when I see it.

Discount-apparel retailer Century 21 coming to the Gallery

Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,868,379 times
Wow...

Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 AM

802 posts, read 1,326,719 times
Sorry but I can't see this Century 21 improving The Gallery. It will do nothing to attract a better class of customers to the mall and draw more quality tenants.

Market Street already has Ross, Marshall's and the Burlington Coat Factory.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
Sorry but I can't see this Century 21 improving The Gallery. It will do nothing to attract a better class of customers to the mall and draw more quality tenants.

Market Street already has Ross, Marshall's and the Burlington Coat Factory.

I agree here. The only way to attract a better clientele is for a bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc to set up shop there, which would most likely never happen. I think Nordstrom Rack is even too ritzy for the Gallery, which is why Nordstrom chose Chestnut St instead. Its good, but not groundbreaking by any means for this site.

Or just tear it down..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia