Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-03-2022, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7,721 posts, read 5,413,807 times
Reputation: 5944

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis202 View Post
Saatva is the retailer taking over the old Wells Fargo on Walnut St. Not terribly exciting but still a great brand with great locations around the country: https://saatva.applytojob.com/apply/...-Store-Manager

Excellent. The only thing worse than a vacancy is a bank branch (unless they want to do the Capital One Cafe type setup).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2022, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,678 posts, read 934,636 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Excellent. The only thing worse than a vacancy is a bank branch (unless they want to do the Capital One Cafe type setup).
Cell Phone store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2022, 09:29 AM
 
1,168 posts, read 565,932 times
Reputation: 1086
No more banks or cell phone stores please. We need more drug stores!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2022, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
13,881 posts, read 8,706,025 times
Reputation: 10198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
No more banks or cell phone stores please. We need more drug stores!
I'd say west of Broad more than east of it.

CVS just opened a store at the NWC of 12th and Walnut, three blocks from their existing one at 11th and Market. There's a Rite Aid at 10th and Market, one block down from that CVS, another Rite Aid on Market just east of 8th, and a Walgreens at 1101 Locust. Rite Aid also has a store in the 200 block of South Broad Street, next door to the Cambria Hotel. Old City has a CVS at 3rd and Market. There's also one at 11th and South, and I think there's also one somewhere on Head House Square.

West of Broad, there's a Walgreens at 17th and JFK in the Suburban Station Building and a Rite Aid at 19th and Arch. CVS has stores at 20th and Market and 15th and Spruce. And I think that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2022, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Center City Philadelphia
442 posts, read 400,698 times
Reputation: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I'd say west of Broad more than east of it.

CVS just opened a store at the NWC of 12th and Walnut, three blocks from their existing one at 11th and Market. There's a Rite Aid at 10th and Market, one block down from that CVS, another Rite Aid on Market just east of 8th, and a Walgreens at 1101 Locust. Rite Aid also has a store in the 200 block of South Broad Street, next door to the Cambria Hotel. Old City has a CVS at 3rd and Market. There's also one at 11th and South, and I think there's also one somewhere on Head House Square.

West of Broad, there's a Walgreens at 17th and JFK in the Suburban Station Building and a Rite Aid at 19th and Arch. CVS has stores at 20th and Market and 15th and Spruce. And I think that's all.
There is a CVS at 22nd and South and Walgreens at 18th and South. While technically just across the street from Center City West, those seem to serve those southern parts of the Rittenhouse Square area. I do think there's probably an opportunity for more pharmacies/drug stores, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2022, 12:13 PM
 
Location: New York City
9,317 posts, read 9,141,671 times
Reputation: 6372
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I'd say west of Broad more than east of it.

CVS just opened a store at the NWC of 12th and Walnut, three blocks from their existing one at 11th and Market. There's a Rite Aid at 10th and Market, one block down from that CVS, another Rite Aid on Market just east of 8th, and a Walgreens at 1101 Locust. Rite Aid also has a store in the 200 block of South Broad Street, next door to the Cambria Hotel. Old City has a CVS at 3rd and Market. There's also one at 11th and South, and I think there's also one somewhere on Head House Square.

West of Broad, there's a Walgreens at 17th and JFK in the Suburban Station Building and a Rite Aid at 19th and Arch. CVS has stores at 20th and Market and 15th and Spruce. And I think that's all.
There's also a mini Target and CVS at 19th & Chestnut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2022, 01:10 PM
 
741 posts, read 442,714 times
Reputation: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
There's also a mini Target and CVS at 19th & Chestnut.
And a Rite Aid at 17th and Chestnut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2022, 10:26 AM
 
35 posts, read 24,178 times
Reputation: 21
3 unfortunate updates:

- Allen Edmunds appears to be closing: https://hellomsc.com/property-listin...estnut-street/
- Brooks Brothers appears to be closing: https://hellomsc.com/property-listin...walnut-street/
- From this listing you can see that Design Within Reach is opening in Ardmore, so sad that it didn't choose the city: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mscretail.c...-2022-sm-1.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2022, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,678 posts, read 934,636 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis202 View Post
3 unfortunate updates:

- Allen Edmunds appears to be closing: https://hellomsc.com/property-listin...estnut-street/
- Brooks Brothers appears to be closing: https://hellomsc.com/property-listin...walnut-street/
- From this listing you can see that Design Within Reach is opening in Ardmore, so sad that it didn't choose the city: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mscretail.c...-2022-sm-1.pdf
Wow. Surprised at the Brooks Brothers news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2022, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
13,881 posts, read 8,706,025 times
Reputation: 10198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Wow. Surprised at the Brooks Brothers news.
Yeah, that's a real shocker. Brooks Brothers has been a fixture of Center City retail for decades. Its former location at 15th and Chestnut mow houses a Staples.

Design Beyond Reach was originally supposed to take space in East Market but backed out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top