Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 09:36 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,043,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
J. Crew Factory is opening at 16th/Chestnut in the former Children's Place spot. Good to see a space filled on Chestnut Street.
This marks a return of J. Crew to Chestnut Street: The retailer was one of the original tenants in the Shops at Liberty Place.

I remember them most fondly for coming up with strange names for colors, like "flag" (which ISTR was a shade of beige).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 11:35 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,323,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This marks a return of J. Crew to Chestnut Street: The retailer was one of the original tenants in the Shops at Liberty Place.

I remember them most fondly for coming up with strange names for colors, like "flag" (which ISTR was a shade of beige).
J. Crew main store re-opened somewhere along Walnut Street recently. They are doubling down with the Factory on Chestnut.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:06 PM

City Fitness opening seventh Philadelphia location in Old City

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

City Fitness plans to open its seventh Philadelphia gym, marking the latest expansion for the homegrown chain.
The company is taking over a space previously occupied by Sweat Fitness at 45 N. 3rd St. in Old City. The three-floor, 15,000-square-foot gym is undergoing renovations and scheduled to open in November.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:15 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,487,542 times
Quote:
City Fitness opening seventh Philadelphia location in Old City

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

City Fitness plans to open its seventh Philadelphia gym, marking the latest expansion for the homegrown chain.
The company is taking over a space previously occupied by Sweat Fitness at 45 N. 3rd St. in Old City. The three-floor, 15,000-square-foot gym is undergoing renovations and scheduled to open in November.
Speaking of which, is Equinox still going into the bottom of The Laurel when it opens?

Old 08-26-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Speaking of which, is Equinox still going into the bottom of The Laurel when it opens?
Last I heard, yes. But the company is financially unstable and paused some expansion plans, Ft. Lauderdale was one.

Let's hope Philadelphia doesn't get paused because it will be hugely popular.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Last I heard, yes. But the company is financially unstable and paused some expansion plans, Ft. Lauderdale was one.

Let's hope Philadelphia doesn't get paused because it will be hugely popular.
It really would be. Philadelphia doesn't really have a luxury gym option, at least that I'm aware of. One of the best parts about living in Manhattan is having an Equinox within easy walking distance pretty much anywhere below 96th Street.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:52 AM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
My local Wawa just added self checkouts. I didn't know they were a thing but they are tremendous.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:17 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,510,947 times
Quote:
It really would be. Philadelphia doesn't really have a luxury gym option, at least that I'm aware of. One of the best parts about living in Manhattan is having an Equinox within easy walking distance pretty much anywhere below 96th Street.

I mean, maybe this isn't a gym per se, but isn't Barry's a luxury "gym" option? Or is that just classes? It's legit across the street from Equinox is going. The retail base of the Laurel is the last piece of the building to get built.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I mean, maybe this isn't a gym per se, but isn't Barry's a luxury "gym" option? Or is that just classes? It's legit across the street from Equinox is going. The retail base of the Laurel is the last piece of the building to get built.
Barry's is a pay-per-class format, and if you do it a lot it's damn expensive (like $33 a class). While Equinox is expensive, it's a catch-all space with a wide variety of classes, a weight floor, and is very, very clean. I pay for it here in New York and it's worth every penny just to avoid the hordes of people in any basic gym here in the city.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:29 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,510,947 times
Quote:
Barry's is a pay-per-class format, and if you do it a lot it's damn expensive (like $33 a class). While Equinox is expensive, it's a catch-all space with a wide variety of classes, a weight floor, and is very, very clean. I pay for it here in New York and it's worth every penny just to avoid the hordes of people in any basic gym here in the city.

Gotcha, makes sense. I don't have a gym membership atm, but I have gone to City Fitness before and always enjoyed it. One time I saw Kevin Hart working out in the Grad Hospital one and I asked him for a photo and he said no lmao.

And to clarify: we were both standing near the entrance, I didn't like approach him while he was working out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia