Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Hmm I always thought that Betsey Johnson is Philadelphia native though....
I really hope that her boutique is more exposed instead of just tucked inside the Bellevue. People who just do the casual shopping would not even know where it is. It needs to be showcased. In my dream maybe her store can occupy the soon vacated Kenneth Cole site. I just hate abandoned site like that.

There was also a freaky accident in Lulu Lemon. I think it will be temporarily closed.
3 injured in roof collapse at Center City store
I really hope that people involved will be OK. It must be traumatizing.

Well it seems that according Hugh E Dillon, New Balance will occupy the old Destination Maternity site.

Anybody hear whether Verizon will still occupy that new building on Walnut and 15th? If it is, it will be so anti-climatic.
Back when the Inquirer produced its own Sunday magazine she was showcased more than once. She has strong ties.

Back in my day, Philadelphia had 3 degree granting art schools plus the Academy of Fine Arts. The degree granting schools were Philadelphia College of Art, Tyler (part of Temple) & Moore. Moore was an all female school & included a fashion design program. Philadelphia College of Art had a fiber design program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:14 AM

14,183 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Back when the Inquirer produced its own Sunday magazine she was showcased more than once. She has strong ties.

Back in my day, Philadelphia had 3 degree granting art schools plus the Academy of Fine Arts. The degree granting schools were Philadelphia College of Art, Tyler (part of Temple) & Moore. Moore was an all female school & included a fashion design program. Philadelphia College of Art had a fiber design program.
"Back in my day"?

All three schools still exist and still grant degrees.

Philadelphia College of Art and the Philadelphia College of Performing Arts merged to form The University of the Arts in the early 1990s. All of the degree programs both schools offered survived the merger.

Temple's Tyler School of Art is also still around, just no longer in Elkins Park.

Moore College of Art remains a women-only institution; it expanded its "campus" into the building next door, the former home of the American Society for Testing and Materials, a couple of years ago.

Penn Design (the former Graduate School of Fine Arts) is known more for its architecture and city planning programs than its art program, but I believe it does have one - it did when I worked there.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:50 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times
Quote:

Are you high? Lol. All three of those schools still exist.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:07 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Are you high? Lol. All three of those schools still exist.
No I'm not high. Are you a jerk?

Philadelphia College of Art did a merger to become the University of the Arts, so no longer exists by that name. It had other previous names as well. I've had no reason whatsoever to keep tabs on the other 2 schools so left an opening for changes.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,377 times
Ever since the new Wendy's on Chestnut opened, I never went inside.
When it still occupied the old site at the corner, I have had bad encounters with the wrong type of people or just met questionable people there even though there was a security. (The security was also another reason why I felt uncomfortable because it gave me this feeling "Why the heck a Wendy's need security?")
Anyway, tonight I happened to have to meet my friend who came from out of town staying in Marriot on Market East. For some reason I ended walking home hungry, and it did not hit me until I passed Wendy's. So I gave it a try and I was impressed.
Clean environment. Modern design. Lounge chair. No security. And no questionable people!
I wonder why....
Is it possible that the fact the site is moved somewhat further away from the subway station made those questionable and loud people disappear?
Maybe I have to check it after work tomorrow since today is Sunday and the schoolkids are not there...

On another subject

1. Gallery on Market East.
Most stores on the strip of Books-A-Million stores in the Gallery are also gone! I was so upset because I was about to get a book last weekend and the store was no longer there. And there is no sign of any of the stores moved somewhere else.
2. F21.
Talked to some dude who happened to work in construction site of F21 on Chestnut. He said that most likely the store will be open before Valentine's Day. But if you look at the external facade, I am loving it. It almost look like Michael Kors shiny white wall. And the shiny wall stretches all the way to the second floor of Sephora. This F21 will carry M, W and kids. This F21 will also carry those "branded" brands carried on its website, which are not available in the burb stores. It will carry Boy London, which has been going into style again. Rihanna, Pharell, Jessie J were seen wearing it. I still remember saving my allowance during late 80s and early 90s to buy Boy London shirt. I am not sure though why F21 carry the brand. Who cares. The point is that expect people from the burb will come to this F21 for these "branded" brands.
3. Possible New Retails.
Something is going on in that new retail spot close to Finish Line on Chestnut. I don't know what it is. We just have to see. Ditto with a retail spot beside Diesel on Walnut. I still assume New Balance will occupy the old Destination Maternity old spot.

OK sorry for the lazy almost not interesting report. At least it is something, yes?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:40 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
And there is a store called "The Shade Store" coming soon next to American Eagle. Specializes in modern window shades and blinds.

I just like the name thats why I mentioned it.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:21 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Gallery on Market East.
Most stores on the strip of Books-A-Million stores in the Gallery are also gone! I was so upset because I was about to get a book last weekend and the store was no longer there. And there is no sign of any of the stores moved somewhere else.
Don't worry, you lost your book store for a good cause. By the end of this month most of the gallery will be entirely closed for over year as they redo the space. A redone gallery will be a huge deal for the city and will result in a number of new retail locations once it reopens.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
And there is a store called "The Shade Store" coming soon next to American Eagle. Specializes in modern window shades and blinds.

I just like the name thats why I mentioned it.
Haha what a name!
If that means filling up one empty storefront, I am glad.

I just really hope that somebody fill up that COACH site on Walnut. Pronto.
If only I am a millionaire

Old 02-11-2015, 10:19 AM

17 posts, read 30,902 times
Quote:

Sorry - is there a Betsey Johnson store in Philly? I think there's a Nicole Miller store in the Bellevue, but I wasn't aware there was a Betsey Johnson store in town (although I heard there was one here years ago).

Old 02-12-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn00 View Post
Sorry - is there a Betsey Johnson store in Philly? I think there's a Nicole Miller store in the Bellevue, but I wasn't aware there was a Betsey Johnson store in town (although I heard there was one here years ago).
Yes, you are right. Nicole Miller in Bellevue not Betsey Johnson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia