Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-16-2023, 12:54 PM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515

Advertisements

Can we keep this thread related to retailer openings / closings in the city & region?

Start a new arena thread or bring it to the 2035 thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2023, 07:54 AM
 
1,026 posts, read 448,509 times
Reputation: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Can we keep this thread related to retailer openings / closings in the city & region?

Start a new arena thread or bring it to the 2035 thread.
A Sixers Arena would remove a lot of retail space from that Fashion District or whatever its called.

But, fair enough, no more speculating about what retailer/s would work/be a good fit, any retailer dream lists, or hoping closed retailers re-open.

Limit thread to actual openings/closings. Understood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2023, 08:11 AM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
A Sixers Arena would remove a lot of retail space from that Fashion District or whatever its called.

But, fair enough, no more speculating about what retailer/s would work/be a good fit, any retailer dream lists, or hoping closed retailers re-open.


Limit thread to actual openings/closings. Understood.
But that is not what you were discussing...

And is it necessary to get sensitive over a suggestion?... Just start a new Sixers thread and discuss the plan all you want...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2023, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
473 posts, read 274,316 times
Reputation: 630
Garces Trading Company to open at Kimmel Center: https://www.inquirer.com/food/restau...-20230117.html

Good, South Broad between City Hall and South Street has way too many vacancies right now, especially considering all the foot traffic there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2023, 09:33 AM
 
Location: New York City
9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Reputation: 6515
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Garces Trading Company to open at Kimmel Center: https://www.inquirer.com/food/restau...-20230117.html

Good, South Broad between City Hall and South Street has way too many vacancies right now, especially considering all the foot traffic there.
Kura Sushi opened in the old American Eagle space too, filling a long vacant space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2023, 09:39 AM
 
386 posts, read 267,183 times
Reputation: 401
Yes, good news. Also, the article says a full service restaurant will be opening at the Arthaus which is also good news. As you said, that stretch of Broad needs some help. A lot of vacant spaces and unfortunately a lot of homeless people. Similar to East Market, that stretch is not very inviting for tourists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2023, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
473 posts, read 274,316 times
Reputation: 630
I'm still waiting to see any progress on the old Walgreens Space at Broad and Chestnut, this was announced early last year but it doesn't appear that they've started: https://www.inquirer.com/food/insomn...-20220601.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2023, 08:47 AM
 
13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
Reputation: 8104
This has been a popular thread. Please keep comments on topic regarding retail coming to Philadelphia
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2023, 10:41 AM
 
1,026 posts, read 448,509 times
Reputation: 686
New retail, Ebisu Japanese Life Store opened in Chinatown. Interesting addition to the retail selection in Chinatown given that this location includes everything from food-drink, kitchenware, and hair products. This is either the 7th or 8th U.S. location.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ut/ar-AA16zluk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2023, 02:54 PM
 
386 posts, read 267,183 times
Reputation: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
New retail, Ebisu Japanese Life Store opened in Chinatown. Interesting addition to the retail selection in Chinatown given that this location includes everything from food-drink, kitchenware, and hair products. This is either the 7th or 8th U.S. location.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ut/ar-AA16zluk
Seems like a nice addition to Chinatown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top