Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 07:53 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,323,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
David Barton.
Back then in Miami, it is a gym for super snobbish ones.
Very pretentious! And super expensive.
Some friends of mine back then paid $100/month after 2 years contract.

My gym currently in PA is in the burb by my work. So I work out before I go home.
I only pay $15/month and the company subsidizes 50% of it.
So technically I only paid $7.50/month fpr gym membership. HA!
This includes access to pool, sauna and classes. And I think it is the same quality as David Barton Gym.

I would never pay that much for a gym, and I love to workout.

I use the Drexel Rec Center, nicer than any other gym in Philly and its only $35 a month for alumni.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I would never pay that much for a gym, and I love to workout.

I use the Drexel Rec Center, nicer than any other gym in Philly and its only $35 a month for alumni.
OH that must be nice! The Drexel gym looks awesome from outside.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:06 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,531 times
PREIT reveals the Gallery's new look

First images of the Gallery redesign. Exciting, but according to the article PREIT still needs to secure millions in state funding before this becomes a reality.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
PREIT reveals the Gallery's new look

First images of the Gallery redesign. Exciting, but according to the article PREIT still needs to secure millions in state funding before this becomes a reality.

I am very optimisitic about the Gallery Plans. I do think it is best to make it more an outlet destination. If Walnut/Chestnut continues to attract high end tenants, and the Gallery improves, hopefully they can eventually merge into one giant shopping and entertainment area that stretches from Market East, through the Gayborhood and all the way to Rittenhouse.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:30 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,753,016 times
Quote:
I am very optimisitic about the Gallery Plans. I do think it is best to make it more an outlet destination. If Walnut/Chestnut continues to attract high end tenants, and the Gallery improves, hopefully they can eventually merge into one giant shopping and entertainment area that stretches from Market East, through the Gayborhood and all the way to Rittenhouse.
I think that's the end game wrt the, hoped for, goal. Plus, as you probably read, the "gallery" name is going to be retired.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM

WOW, this is an exciting news!
One should know that even though these high-end retailers are outlet, the price point will be much higher than regular middle class stores, such as: (the dying brand) Michael Kors and Abercrombie. So it is good that they said they would mix it with regular middle-class stores.
High end outlets usually carry the real leftover stock from last season's inventory unlike middle class outlets that usually make exclusive merchandise to be stocked in the outlet with lower quality (Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers and Coach are obvious culprits for this).

The closest high-end outlets in our area is Woodbury in NY. There are actually tour bus going there. There are not too many of these kinds of outlet in the country! So this will be a boon to the area! I am excited to see what is up! People from Asia and Europe actually ensure that they go to Woodbury (which is in the middle of nowhere) when they have trip to NYC surrounding. (Woodbury is about an hour and something from NYC). So I imagine what they will do when Philly has one similar to that! It will be a better magnet since we not only offer the outlet, but also the rest of city's amenities!

I just really hope that we will still have those tourist magnet shops like American Girl and Lego Stores too~.

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 04-15-2015 at 10:56 AM..

Old 04-23-2015, 10:43 AM

I was just walking down Chestnut, and noticed constructio happening in the old "Mandee" store on the 1500 block of Chestnut next to finish line. Anyone know anything??

Also there is activity on the W Hotel site, and excavator and concrete barriers were being brought in as I walked by.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:55 AM

17 posts, read 30,886 times
Don't know anything about Mandee; however, there was news of Five Below signing a lease somewhere near 15th & Chestnut, so perhaps that is the location?

Old 04-23-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I was just walking down Chestnut, and noticed constructio happening in the old "Mandee" store on the 1500 block of Chestnut next to finish line. Anyone know anything??

Also there is activity on the W Hotel site, and excavator and concrete barriers were being brought in as I walked by.
I did not read your question correctly.
Yeah that construction sign has been there for quite some time. I have no idea.
Although I know wells Fargo at that corner is at the verge of opening.

I like how the micro apartment developments kind of make the retailers below it (Wendy's, DD and Wells Fargo) look presentable compared to the ghetto-@zz Wendy's we used to have.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:49 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,753,016 times
Quote:

I kinda laughed when you mentioned the old "Mandee" store. That building used to be a movie theater, the Arcadia. I saw the very first Star Wars there in 1977.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia